4 gigs of ram performance boost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive just updated to a x64 XP, and I havent noticed much in the way of incomptability with games (though Ive not had time to extensively check it), and the 64-bit Crysis is definately much better in performance, everything runs on maxed out specs easily enough.

In my experience the extra RAM is definately worth it, but having used computers with similar specs to mine with the same quantity, but faster speed of RAM, I can say that, for gaming at least, you don't need to spend extra on hugely expensive RAM, as long as you have enough of it!

Have you tried Crysis in the 32 bit OS to make a fair comparison? You can really run Warhead in max specs? ( Even AA set to the max, which takes some SERIOUS power ). What are your computer specs?

Man computers sure are a big hassle...its almost ironic that for me to get the max out of 4 gigs of ram I need to get a 64 bit OS which can lead to incomptability issues and such ( as to how many incompatability issues there are, remains the question, but just the fact there is issues is bad enough )

Im also bumping this thread since theres a lot of talk about RAM and maybe I can gather more opinions on my OP, I'm still very undecided, because although ram is cheap now adays, I have a 32 bit OS and maybe the 4 gigs of my new ram will be inferior in performance ( due to having higher timings ) then my previous ram

man i got warhead from mr torrence and i think he screwed me...i only get about 30 FPS max and it artifacts like a mother****er. its the file, not the card tho. stupid crysis. stupid mr torrence. i dont know why i wasted a day of my life downloading a game i knew i wouldnt like.

man i got warhead from mr torrence and i think he screwed me...i only get about 30 FPS max and it artifacts like a mother****er. its the file, not the card tho. stupid crysis. stupid mr torrence. i dont know why i wasted a day of my life downloading a game i knew i wouldnt like.

Why would the file cause artifacts? I actually dished out the 23.99 to play multiplayer too. Don't complain about something that you got for free :p Besides why would you not like that game, its only the most technologically advanced FPS game that offers great gameplay. If you think otherwise then please do explain :p

A downloaded game can cause all kinds of weird problems but I've never seen it cause regular artifacts. I know I had to actually downclock my computer a little bit. I could always pass orthos and run 3dmark or artifact checker forever but Crysis maxes all my main components at the same time which caused the case temp to go way up and cause issues.

Why would the file cause artifacts? I actually dished out the 23.99 to play multiplayer too. Don't complain about something that you got for free :p Besides why would you not like that game, its only the most technologically advanced FPS game that offers great gameplay. If you think otherwise then please do explain :p

lolz, it could be a corrupt download, perhaps mr torrence does not like me, i dunno. they arent like regular artifacts, its like the 3d models are all jacked up, especially in the terrain. its like it had a problem in the compression/extraction...something.
the reason i say it is the file is because every other game works fine. even regular crysis (which i dislike as well). i dont like it because i think it is retarded that a computer as powerful as mine cant run it at even marginally good framerates. to me that = bull ****.
i dunno, i never really liked crysis.

zmatt i was going to roll back to 8.6, heard they were better than 8.9
you say 8.5? i'll try them.

This one is just a lemon. Also Naga, if the files were corrupt then I would expect the game to crash. The likelihood of just textures being corrupt is low. If they are then what about the application? the 3d engine? the net code? If one thing is corrupt it all tends to be, at least in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom