4870 X2 flicker.. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
good news, thanks guys.

only thing i gotta figure out now is why warhead wont give me the option for 1920x1200 XD

And holy crap the fan is as loud as a jet engine. At 60% its as loud as the GX2 running at 100% lol

is 1920x1200 the resolution of your monitor?
that happens to be the highest resolution that DVI single link will go to. So maybe if you are trying say 75hz you will run into problems. You would need dual link to go any higher than 1920x1200@60hz.

It's not Warhead. I have had no issues running it on my 8800gs. My brother had the filckering problem on his HD4850 with the 8.9 drivers. He rolled back to the drivers that came with the card and hasn't had any problems since.

Agreed, i have no issues either.

And ATI is known for bad drivers...ive experienced them first hand.

Fixed the flickering problem. I turned on the A.I in CCC, problem solved! I might turn down all the settings to gamer for higher FPS.

is 1920x1200 the resolution of your monitor?
that happens to be the highest resolution that DVI single link will go to. So maybe if you are trying say 75hz you will run into problems. You would need dual link to go any higher than 1920x1200@60hz.

yeah nice LG 24" mva panel. i never run desktop lower than 1920x1200 60hz.
monitor won't even run 75hz.

It's running HDMI (from monitor) to DVI, same way I did with my 8800.

besides i just finished playing wow for a bit and its always at 1920x1200.

its weird.

And thats funny wildside. To fix the flickerign problem for me, I had to turn off the Catalyst A.I. setting lol.

The main menu still flickers like ****, but the game and in game menus don't so no biggie.

akubane, do u have a dual-link DVI cable? Perhaps that would enable u to play Crysis Warhead at 1920x1200.

what average fps do u get in the game anyways? I managed to get 3.3GHz on my CPU by increasing the voltage of my North Bridge and HT to like 1.250 and loosening my RAM to 5-5-5-14-24; it's now getting 472MHz!! Stable too, tested it out in AMD Overdrive.

Well if my monitor cable isn't dual link then no. But it needs to be HDMI to DVI because my monitor has no DVI outputs.
Even then that doesn't make any sense. I can play other games at 1920x1200. Why would it be only warhead? :/

I can't use a straight HDMI cable and the AMD adapter either. The adapter they supply is ****. Doesn't work at all. Gives me the same improper EDID detection as the GX2 did (thinks my monitor is HDTV and won't display properly). only it's AMD and there's no fix for it. I even poked around in the AMD monitor device detection .ini file and tried the HKR,, overrideEDID think but no luck.

Anyhow, is there any way to tell if it's running dual link or not? I'm pokin around CCC but haven't seen anything to do with it.
Or can you tell by looking at the cable?

none of the monitor documentation or the cable itself say dual-link :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom