HELP! Comp randomly restarts during Call of Duty

Status
Not open for further replies.
check event viewer. also update all drivers, include MBD (for miniport AGP drivers), snd card and directX. look for patches to the game, as well.

"Game of DDR..."

That's true...This could also mean that your card has conflicting video RAM. What video card are you using anyway? :cool:

Sorry for reviving this old thread, but my comp is still restarting when playing Call of Duty. I installed the latest video card drivers, re-installed Call of Duty and updated to the 1.4 patch. I don't think it's overheating because I keep checking BIOS and the temperature never gets above 55 C. Power shouldn't be a problem, and I don't think it's faulty parts because it only restarts during Call of Duty, not surfing the internet or anything like that. Also, I don't think it's that the comp can't handle the games because I ran FRAPS and the fps never get below 60. I am completely at a loss here. There's only one more thing I can think of. Is there a setting in BIOS that tells the computer what temperature to restart at? Maybe BIOS think it's overheating, when it actually is doing fine. Is that possible?

yeah there is a setting in your BIOS that has a temperature shutoff feature, but usually by default its gonne be like 80C...I put mine at 75C in the BIOS and 70C temp alarm on my corecenter monitor. If you're at idle 55C then you need to find out what your load temps are. It could be very likely you have a shutoff feature at like 60 or 65C and then yeah it'd easily jump up to those temps and shut off. Which is kinda good cause you need to be lower than that. Just this last month I had a 2400+ XP with the side panel of my case open, no fans...was at 64C on idle and probably like 72C while gaming! I didn't even know at the time! Now I got fans and new PSU and stuff like that and I'm sitting at 53C while surfing and thats still a little too high for my liking....whenever I add this tornado my temps just go up =/ theres no where to efficiently place this thing unless its on the processor lol

what did event viewer find? if nothing, right click my computer, goto settings, advanced, startup and recovery, and remove the check mark from "reboot" under system failure. that way instead of a reboot hopefully you'll get an error. also, check for up to date MBD drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom