Domain Longevity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex100

Baseband Member
I used a tool I found to evaluate my site. Some of the results made no sense but it did say that there is only 8 months left on my domain name subscription and that I should buy more time for better ranking and traffic from search engines. At the current domain host for the domain you really can't buy more time becuase they only have yearly automated billing. Do you think more time left on a domain registration (i.e 5 years) would I get more traffic from search engines? Should I transfer my domain name to a webhost that allows you to buy more than a year subsciption?

Thanks,

Rex

You could always try to transfer the domain to a domain company like GoDaddy that allows you to buy more than a year.

But really it isnt necessary. When you are in your last month you should recieve a notice saying that it is time to renew.

There is no advantage of having a domain purchased for 5 years in regards to your search engine traffic.

That depends more on your content, SEO stuff and things like that. Search Engines do not care if you have the domain for a month or 100 years. I still know of sites that are listed on sites like Google that dont even exist anymore.

wow, i never heard that one before. Whoever told you that i doubt they knew what they were talking about. Now, the newness of your site a lot of people believe have a factor in the Google algorithm. The newer the site the more likely it can be spam and the more aged a domain is the less likely it'll contain spam. Just what i heard but can't source you because I read it somewhere, cheers.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom