Is This Temp Normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinTime91

Baseband Member
Hello, I've recently built my first gaming PC, and I am using an Asus P5Q-E MoBo, and the CPU is an Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300, and today is my first time to ever attempt to overclock, the core runs at 2.5 (stock), and the temp was 34C (idle), and I bumped up the FSB, and now the cores are running at 3.00, and the temp is 38-38.5C (idle), but in my CPU manual, it says to make sure it stays under 38C operating temp. Is that just what they "recommend" to be very safe? Also My fan was 1200rpm's, and since the heat is up, I had to put my fans in turbo mode, which they run at about 1650rpms, is that too high of an rpm? Thanks.

Oops, I forgot, but I also left the CPU Voltage set to auto in the bios, but should I manually set it, or does it still have enough power to run stable, because I did put the Voltage to around 1.4, but the idle temp went up to 42C, and I don't know what's the max temp it should be idled at. Thanks

i wouldent expect .5 of adgree to make much of an difrance.but dont take my word for it as im also only new to the whole OC'ing thing.iv also only just goting back into pc gaming iv been mainly into console's for years but now im geting back in to pc's.thing's have changed soo much since the 90's.

Oops, I forgot, but I also left the CPU Voltage set to auto in the bios, but should I manually set it, or does it still have enough power to run stable, because I did put the Voltage to around 1.4, but the idle temp went up to 42C, and I don't know what's the max temp it should be idled at. Thanks

whoah id say that's a bit hot for idle.sorry i dont know much when it come's to pc's but i want to learn;)

another thing you can do is leave them on auto and OC to where you would like. Check for stability and if it passes go into bios and see what the system has set for voltages and try to lower them manually. Check for stability again. Keep doing this until you pass out and/or happy w/ the settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom