Boo-urns ; New build won't post...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we talking the 4 pin extra to make the motherboard power a 24 pin or the CPU power 4 pin? The two leads aren't the same power on those. PCI-E power plugs are 6 or 8.

Haha...... oh yha, 6 pin pci-e....... Um, never mind the question...... Sometimes my brain stalls.

I do know the 4 pin to make 20 into 24, and the 4 pin cpu are NOT the same. Besides, i ned 24 pin for the MB power.

Ugh good luck with that board, I had that and bought a E8200 CPU to go into it. NOTHING BUT TROUBLE. After lots of work and trial and error I did a BIOS update to support the CPU, it got it working.... just. After that I just kept getting constant blue screens when starting up the computer and just became extremely frustrated.

Threw it out and got a P35 board. Nothing wrong has happened since.

Ugh good luck with that board, I had that and bought a E8200 CPU to go into it. NOTHING BUT TROUBLE. After lots of work and trial and error I did a BIOS update to support the CPU, it got it working.... just. After that I just kept getting constant blue screens when starting up the computer and just became extremely frustrated.

Threw it out and got a P35 board. Nothing wrong has happened since.

I'm only using a e2180, so 65nm, so no update needed.

No, I haven't tried anything due to needing others to be my hands.... Im a cripple, aka I gt me a bad spinal cord injury.

I got some help coming over ina few days, so I gotta get my plan of attack down for max use of time.

One question I thought of, My psu, which is new basically, didn't have labels on the cable for pci-e. So, my dad aka my hands for the day, I think just grabed a 4 pin and plugged it into the MB 4 pin.

Are the 2 leads the same power, or is they different?

In answer to you're first question.. There is no difference between 4 pin power adapters coming out of the power supply.

In regards to what I said about grounding.. Actually your motherboard can be grounded and everything still power on. I know it doesn't seem plausible but it is true. It happened to me with a build awhile go.

Told you ;).

You can try to bend them back instead of RMAing the board.

Yha........ you suck.

We'll see what goes on.. I got it off fleebay so, but it was a "store" Saddly they don't seem to have another.

Saddly part 2 it was the only decent cheap board around. In Markham actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom