Decent Gaming Rig < $700

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate arrogance in people who don't keep up to date with stuff like this... technology world is like a freaking see-saw, it goes up and down and up and down...

QFT....

Must we forever be vigilant. For upon us is the day of reckoning. Fanboys and n00bs rule the world which we hath come to love. Unite I say! For the legion truth shall always prevail!

QFT....

Must we forever be vigilant. For upon us is the day of reckoning. Fanboys and n00bs rule the world which we hath come to love. Unite I say! For the legion truth shall always prevail!

I can back that up with examples if needed (I know pretty much all the forum can do it too!)

late 90's- early 2000's: Pentium 4 vs AthlonXP & Athlon64 vs Pentium 4 HT & Pentium D vs Athlon64 X2(with Intel beating AMD in Video I think? losing the rest though)

2005 to today- Core 2 Duo vs Athlon64 X2
Core 2 Quad vs Phenom
Pentium Dual-Core (NOT PENTIUM D!) vs Brisbane Athlon's and BE-xx series
Celeron Conroe-L vs Sempron (not sure..)
Celeron Dual-Core vs Sempron Dual-Core (don't know this area)

Me an zmatt have got into it before, but im gonna have to agree with him here.

Aint no way you can get such low temps on a phenom with stock cooling in a hot room. My 5000+ BE runs hotter than that on aftermarket cooling in a cool room, in the 40's.

C'mon Vern you can go back farther than that right?

P2vs AMD K-6-2vs P3vs K6-3 and Athlon
pentium vs cyrix x586 vs AMD K5
Intel 486 vs everyone else's 486's lol

Eh I didn't go that far.. don't remember crap before Pentium 4's... haha

I didn't get into the look until I was 10

I didn't really get into it until about the pentium 3 era, but I remember stuff before that.

My first pc for example. My dad built it, we still have it laying around somewhere,.
specs were:

486 DX2 33mhz, but went to 66mhz when you hit the turbo button
16mb edo ram
500mb of hard drive space
some 1mb 2d video card (3d graphics cards didn't exist yet)
sound blaster 24bit pro
Win 3.1 and then Win 95 later on.

Just working massive hours at work, thats all. I don't think I need to prove myself to people who think they know everything. =\ Just because you can't get something to do something, doesn't mean it's impossible, and that's a quoted truth. But, I am done. I found a nice little niche where people help out and actually post things to prove what they say can't happen, when I ask a question. I'd much rather show my screenshots to them, instead of here, where there's nothing but a bunch of high-hats with skulls thicker than bullet-proof glass.

See'y'all later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom