Good GPU or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinTime91

Baseband Member
Hello, I'm very new to building custom gaming computers, but I recently bought a PNY NVIDIA 512MB 9600GT GPU, and I'm wondering if thats considered a good GPU or not, I have played two games on it so far, and I played both of them in the highest quality with all the details, and shaders turned on. And it plays GREAT!!! But I am about to get COD4 and probaly something like WarHead. Will that run good, on those games? Thanks. :)

What is the resolution of your monitor?
The best way is to find out everyone is indivualistic as to how many fps they like personally I am 45fps man but many people are over and under. I know people who can't handle less then 80fps and people that dawdle along at 10fps (admittedly the 10fps never score very high in competitions but they're happy :))

What is the resolution of your monitor?
The best way is to find out everyone is indivdualistic as to how many fps they like personally I am 45fps man but many people are over and under. I know people who can't handle less then 80fps and people that dawdle along at 10fps (admittedly the 10fps never score very high in competitions but they're happy :))
Hmm... I don't know what FPS is, but my resolution is currently at 1048x768, when I go any higher everything is EXTREMELY small, but maybe it's just cuz I don't know what I'm doing. And I think the max res is around 2100

How many inches is your monitor. From the size of your mointor we can determine the resolution that you should be gaming at.

it's an 17" (not widescreen)

thats a resolution of about 1,200x1,000. Which the 9600 GT can easily handle. So yes for your resolution, the 9600 GT is a great card.

Once you start using monitors 22 inches or over, then the 4850 will be your best bet.

Just make sure that the 9600 GT is GDDR3 and not GDDR2.

if its a crt monitor it will do 1600x1200

if its an lcd it should only do 1280x1024 as native... if you are getting higher resolutions.. you may need to reinstall your drivers

for 1024x768 you can play any game you want highest quality....

and... if your using an lcd... you will never notice anything above 60 fps.... because lcd refresh rates are at 60hz allowing only to show 60fps... if you are on a crt... you may get higher.. maybe 72 or 80hz or something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom