Boot Problem with 8GB's Of RAM :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinTime91

Baseband Member
Hello All, I know this is a VERY big problem for many of people, but I did what they said worked for them, but I'm still having problems. Ok I am running Vista Ultimate 64-bit, I have all my drivers, tested the RAM with memtest 86 (no problems), The RAM is OCZ Nvidia Sli-Ready 800MHZ (2GB's each stick). I can boot up into Vista using 2 sticks (4GB's), And when I add one more stick (6GB's total), I only can reach the bios, but Vista will not ever boot up. And When I add the last stick, the computer cuts on, but nothing shows up (black screen). So I tested all the RAM ports, and all four are working, I also then boosted the RAM Voltage from 1.8V to 2.2V, And I also changed the NB Voltage from 1.1V to 1.4V, Nothing happened!!! :( So I underclocked my RAM from 800MHZ to 667MHZ, nothing happened...Again. I also noticed, I can add all the RAM sticks, when the computer is already running, and it don't blue-screen then, but in my computer, it still shows 4096MB's of RAM (4GB's). I even called OCZ, and ASUS (my MoBo Manafacturer), and they didn't even know more than me. :eek: So, if anyone knows the solution, I would GREATLY appreciate it!!! -Thanks, God Bless. -Justin

My Specs:
Asus P5Q-E MoBo (With Latest Bios)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.5
2x 500GB Seagate Barracuda HDD's
Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit/64-bit (dual-boot) :)
PNY Nvidia GeForce 9600GT GPU
Logistics 550W Acrylic PSU
OCZ Nvidia Sli-Ready 4x2GB 800MHZ

That much RAM might need more power on your RAM, NB and SB.
Thats what I think the problem is, but I went from 1.8V to 2.2V on RAM, and I went from 1.1V to 1.4V, on the NB. But still the same problems, and I'm kinda scared to keep going up on Volts, because I don't really know what's my limits. Also I just noticed there is a sticker on my RAM. two of the RAM's say "4-4-4 @ 2.1V", and my other 2 sticks say "5-4-4 @ 2.1V" :confused: So I set the Voltage up to 2.1V, and it still didn't work, but should I set the timing in my bios to 5-4-4, and 4-4-4? But I don't even know which setting to change for the timings. So do you think I should add more Voltage to any other hardware? Or Up The RAM or NB Voltage even more? Thanks.

Hmmm, thoses volts i think are for the average build.... maybe push abit higher of 2.2.

What uis your MB?
Well my MoBo is an ASUS P5Q-E, I also ensured that I have the latest drivers. Ok I'll probaly attempt to bump the Voltage from 2.2 up to maybe 2.3. Because once I set it to 2.3 or higher the font turns from yellow to red (I guess letting me know it could get more dangerous temps). Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom