Help upgrade my pc using as little £ as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

nukeman8

Baseband Member
Some of you might be aware that im buying/building my new pc after christmas however i cant stand how craptactular my current pc no surprise since its a fair few years old

anywho im looking to spend as little as possible (£30- per part) to try and get my pc into a useable status with games, i dont mean brand new ones but currently i cant even run things like city of heroes or neverwinter nights 2 without having serious problems thats how bad it is.

Current pc setup:
Advent PC
pentium 4 3.06
1 gb ram
radeon 9600xt-vio graphics
300gig samsung hard drive
stock psu
stock fans and everything else.

Anyone got any ideas?

Double that ram first off which is less then 30squid

Before we go anywhere with this - Have you got current backups of all your valuable data?

Have you done a malware, virus scan recently? Or a defrag?

How much hard disc space do you have left?

Obviously there are many reasons for a computer to slow down, and these are just but a few questions that provide some background info as to what may be the problem.

pc is going as good as it was first brought but was like i said was years ago and it can no longer do what i want it to.

how do you mean what i want for this pc? as in what i wanna do with it?
apart from the basics (surfing, music, internet) playing the games that are like an year old+

suppose highest end game i own that i wanna play is mirrowind obvilion is thats any help

suppose highest end game i own that i wanna play is mirrowind obvilion is thats any help

Morrowind and is not really a high end game any more. In fact that 6800 will probably be able to max Oblivion and that's newer then Morrowind.

it won't max it, but it will do better then the what he has. But it prob don't matter cause that thing is power hungrey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom