Been a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie_da_man

Fully Optimized
Well I haven`t been to this site in quite some time because I kinda got out of computers and got into cars lol but I need a new box. I haven`t really kept up with technology I i don`t know what card beats what anymore and which motherboard beats the other in options blah blah blah... Anyway I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I need:

New vid card
New motherboard
New Ram
New PSU
And new Cpu

I`m looking to spend about 1500 and i have the box and HDD and DVD burner etc...

Edit: BTW I`m leaning more towords Intel this time, they just look...sux to say...better than AMD now :(

Thanks a lot

Card : radeon HD 4870 or 4870X2 if you really want to impress the ladies
Mobo: Biostar I45
Cpu: Intel Q9550
PSU: Corsair 750tx
Ram: I have seen many different modules recommended, but i had success with OCZ Golds DDR2 8800

What components has he gt to warrant a 750W psu?
Reggie da man what do you actually want from this pc? gaming??? I doubt if you haven't been here for a while if you just want speed just upgrade the ram and cpu

The 4870X2 IS the top graphics card.. Not only that but the 500 watt psus don't have the right connectors. The 4870X2 uses dual 8 pin connectors. That's why we use the 750 over the 650, the 650 has enough power, but not the connectors. And even if you are right, you don't want to chance it. It's a bad ideas to run psus close to 100%.

Why my PSU has run at 100% for 3 years no problems I am only switching it out now because a 20W wireless cards pushes it over the edge and stops it booting. If a reliable brand is used there is no reason to worry about power output just check reliable review sites and be 100% sure about your purchase.

Wow everyone's coming back :D

Whats wrong with the 3800+ X2 skt 939 ? Take a look at the graphics card rankings really helpful stuff over there.

That might be fine for you, but its bad form to recommend cutting corners to someone else. Just because you got away with it doesn't mean that he will. Also like you have proven yourself, upgrading is difficult because you have to buy a new power supply now. There goes more money down the drain. The lesson here is that you should do it right, the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom