Case Temps of 85 degrees Celsius!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the heatsink the source of all my woes or could it be something else?

Also, my cpu isn't going to melt down is it? 86 degrees celsius is pretty darn hot....

um usually it will if u go bout 5C higher lol, id guess that if ur temp really are that high ur hsf must not be situated properly on ur cpu otherwise id say its an error in the sensor

yea pretty much unless you want a fried processor.

But anyways you could be gaming soon if you get a decent HSF for around $20-$30. Just do some research.

If its a case temp of 86C it dosn't mean that the heat came from the cpu. My HD used to heat up and cause a high case temp also then I got a cooler for it, but this might not be your problem either. What case do you have?

where are you getting these temps from? from the CPU or sensors on the mobo? it is most likely yor CPU that is causing all this heat, because its a P4, im not against them, but they do run damn hot, especially the prescott core.

Aww nuts!!!!!!!! Are u serious?!?!
I JUST got my processor yesterday and I think it's a prescott core.
Man, now I gotta buy a new heatsink and fan because the stock one isn't the best, right???

Are you sure that its reading temps in Celcius? That equates to 185 degrees. Im sure your case readings are in fahrenheit not celcius. I have an aspire xdreamer with a temp monitor and it usually stays at around 78-83F.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom