My DVD Drive doesn't work!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Sir Timothy
Ok, you may have already seen my pc on the pc modding section here

Well, i tried to tidy my wires, (i had to unplug some stuff to do this), and now my cd drive doesnt work!

BEFORE
ph1.png

AFTER
ph2.png

The IDE cable is the same, and the CD Drive opens, so its got power...

HELP

Thanks in advance

~Tim

Make sure the jumpers are set correctly. Technically you should have your hard drive on the end of the cable (master) and your CD rom in the middle (slave). You can go around this by properly setting the jumpers on both drives. There should be a diagram on the top of both drives indicating how to place the jumpers on the drives.

You really shouldn't put your CD/DVD rom on the same channel (cable) as your hard drive - it slows down the data transfer speed.

Okay, i see you have a SATA drive in there so disregard my last comment.

^ Edit your post don't double.

What do you mean by it doesn't work? Is it getting power but not reading CDs?

Alright try uninstalling the driver for it in device manager. Restart your computer and the driver should reinstall automatically.

Right click My Computer -> Properties -> Hardware tab at the top. Click on Device Manager. Under CD drives yours should be there. Right click on it and choose Uninstall driver. If it isn't there look for a section with a yellow exclamation mark. This means the driver did not install correctly the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom