Voltage on e8500

Status
Not open for further replies.

grkbar

In Runtime
I am going to try and clock my e8500 to 4ghz and possibly more if you guys think i should. But I was trying to figure out what voltage to use. and if you no the v-drop or a reliable place to find this information at. Thanks

v droop depends on the mobo. and obviously you are not using the one in your sig, so we need that info.
voltage for 4ghz can be anywhere from 1.2 - 1.45V, depends on the chip.

Asus p5q deleuexe mb and corsair 750w psu and OCz reaper 4 gb 1066, wd 640gb and 4870 gpu

ok your board has a VERY little vdroop. PM gurusan, he can probably tell you his voltages. he has the same board as you and i. the voltage wont be very high.

I dont want to keep bothering gurusan (pmed him a week ago and got no reply) But I am still very new at overclocking and trying to understand the voltages and frequencies to set my fsb to and all that good jazz. For my current build (listed in my sig) does anyone have good sources or a reliable website that has this information available or is overclocking just a "guess and test" procedure. Do you just have to try out combinations and if your computer crashed or gets the blue screen of death you have to adjust? I just want to see if there is an easier way to identify this. Your input is much appreciated

There are no set values. Every chip is very different from one another. You could set the voltage to where you'd like to run it daily. Say 1.35v and then turn the FSB up to you desired speed. The worse that can happen is it doesn't boot. If if does, then check for stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom