Evga 8600gts
E2180
Ballistic DDR2 800 2x1Gig
Retail plus 550W ...... Sucky brand but has decent amps
OCZ Vendetta
3 Antec Pro 80mm fans
IDE HD and CD/RW
All in an old case

So, got it all put together, not sure on speaker and front panel connectors, Hit power, It fires up.... All fans spin, 3 Aantecs, Ocz and gpu. HD starts and CD lights up, but no POST beep or video.

Tried abunch of different RAM setups, but alittle confused as to the right config.

The MB was bought from Ebay, the cpu,gpu and cooler are new, The psu is newish, HD and case are old.

So, can anyone suggest some ideas? I really don't want to switch my q6600 into it for a check...... yet, but theres gotta be other stuff to check first.

Help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Just try the usual 1 stick of RAM, video card and no other peripherals. With only that setup in try resetting your CMOS.

It powers on lol.

If the board wasn't grounded and touching part of the case where it shouldn't, the first time you powered it on you would hear a loud pop and then nothing.

Check for any bent pins on the motherboard's socket.

You are 100% sure you plugged the power connector for the GTS?

It should be, the fan was spinning, and the plug looked fully seated.

Just remeber.. I'm a cripple, so I gotta beg for others to help, so I can't run and double check.

I read that if the rest button was held no beep would occur... Like I said, I think the reset pwr spkr and lights were right.... but unsure.

Which is ground? Red?

Okay,
Question.... I've read theses boards, Asus p5n-e sli are RAM picky.

I'm using Crucial Ballistic ddr2 800s. Theyre not in the manuals list, has anyone tried/used theses in the board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom