Need help badly

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotharek

Beta member
Recently I've been having quite a few problems with my computer. Sometimes when running mutliple clients and a bunch of other things, I would get a blue screen error message saying "A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer...etc". It didn't happen often so I didn't think anything of it. Now recently my computer has been shuting down for no reason at all. I get no message my screen just goes blank and I get the monitor message that says something like will shut down in 5 seconds. There was also a few times I got some really wierd graphics glitches and the computer crashed.

The thing is the computer doesn't turn off. I get like a click sound then the monitor goes into I believe off mode. The volume shuts off so I don't think it is a monitor problem. The computer is still on because I see the light and the fans I still spinning loudly. I'm pretty sure it isn't a cooling problem because I have 5 fans and the CPU doesn't exceed 50 C. Plus, the shut downs are purely random. It could happen right in the beginning after windows has loaded, or 10-15 mins later when Im playing something or browsing the internet. I'm on my old computer right now and really desperate for some solutions. I've tried updating the bios but the problem is still occuring. I don't know how to update my MB drivers because when I go to the abit website I DL the files and it is like an exe file that extracts a bunch of files on my desktop.

I have a
P4 3.2 gigz
1 gig PC3200 ram
Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
Geforce 6800 GT 256 mb
Mobo is a Abit IC7-G

This sounds like your power supply (PSU). If this is the problem, it's probably not able to distribute enough power to your system and therefore, to prevent any damage, your system is shutting down. I'd recommend changing your power supply (PSU) to at least a 400W one, since you're running five fans, and also you've got quite a decent spec' system. If you have the money, I'd recommend a 500W one instead, just to be safe and to give you that bit extra for future upgrades, etc.

TMT. :cool:

ur psu should be fine... maybe im wrong. are u using any wireless cards or something like that? i know some make pc freeze ( mine ) hehe i switched to cable. Make shur all is plugged in correctly, and that all ur components are compatible with ur mobo. Make shur u got al drivers also. Get microsft signed ones, just to be shur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom