Need help with a new compy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rofl we are so getting owned. Time for me to step in.

Why dont you get this video card:
Newegg.com - POWERCOLOR AX4870 512MD5-PPH Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Its the Overclocked edition (so you dont need to do anything), has a nice cooler with ram sinks and all and its $269 after MIR.

or like you originally had planned, two 4850s for around $300 after MIR:
Newegg.com - MSI R4850-512M Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Again with a decent heatsink...

As for a modular Power Supply:

Newegg.com - Antec TPQ-850 850W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Great price too: $149, and did i mention its modular (lol) and... Antec Ftw.

So saying that, i would have you get:

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TPower I45 LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Newegg.com - Antec TPQ-850 850W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Newegg.com - CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - POWERCOLOR AX4870 512MD5-PPH Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache IDE 20X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

Newegg.com - Rosewill R5604-BK 0.8mm Japanese Cold Rolled Steel Dual 120mm Fans Screw-Less design ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

--- Aprox: $1150

and i wanted that video cuz it was pretty and not oc so it wouldn't be as hot and hard to manage with thermal dissipation (aka - venting the hot air out)

why'd you change mobo? what was wrong with the one i selected? I dont need the 640GB hdd... so if there is some other reason why you picked it.. then tell me...

Honestly lookin at the mobo you linked and the one I had planned.. mine has the same north/south bridge, same PCI slots (cept mine has 1 more i probably wont use anyway) and mine is cheaper....... .... ... ...

The case i picked was stated to maybe have issues with the longer "high end" cards, I don't want this the case... I like the 4870 I had selected cuz its just girly enough for me and kick-butt awesome so when people laugh at my girly lookin PC they choke when they see what it does. Your cards are too.. manly. As long as its not OC (again I won't touch) the standard cooling on it should suffice... thats what its warranty will cover, not modding/overclocking.

Seriously you need to calm down, people are hear to help you.

The motherboard suggested is pretty much the same as the ASUS, go with either. The 640g is a fast hard drive (fastest 7200rpm drive) and its pretty cheap. If you don't want/need that much space then you can go with the 500g model.

Also you don't really need crossfire 4850's/4870 unless you're running a higher resolution than 24". Q9550 will be fine and won't require any OC'ing along with the 4870 which will suffice for anything.

Seriously you need to calm down, people are hear to help you.

The products i listed didnt find themselves... i sit there looking for each individual piece so i can help someone on the other side of the world i have never even meant. So please. Cool it.

Im sorry for not assuming you didnt want the best video card your money could get, but a girly looking one. The one i suggested is factory oc'd meaning you dont have to overclock anything and its faster than every other card of similar model. And seriously, with the case/mobo you will most likely get, you wont be able to see that hot Asus asian chick anyway without ripping the card out....

You said you didnt want to OC anything but the first CPU you suggested was a Phenom BLACK EDITION. Ie. The Overclocking version.... Ie. Made for overclocking.

As far as the motherboard, sure get the Asus, its good as well, we just like to recommended Biostar motherboards for some reason, most likely because people usually do well performance wise with them.

As for the harddrive, the reason you use so little is because of your PC. When you have a Quad core with a high end 4000 series ATI card and a small 120GB HDD, your gonna regret it, no matter how much you think you wont. Besides, whats the problem with getting a tad more than you need when the price difference is minimal at most.

Sorry for being a bit angry myself, but your not really making it easy for us. I responded with some suggestion about an hour or so ago and have logged on at 11pm at night just so i can make sure you understood and where happy with things and didnt need more help.

For me to come back and be confronted with some sort of outrage because i didnt assume wanted a card with a girl on it makes me wonder what the heck i got up for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom