why is AMD as fast as INTEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got an amd64 3400, its a fujitsu/seimens laptop, its pretty cool except the time i tried to play doom3 with it at my gfs and it was pretty hot

so its NOT a mobile . . .

you're complaining that its hot and the battery life doesnt last on a 3400+??

of course its going to be hot . . . its a tight enclosed small space!

the only time it got hot was playing doom3, everything else is fine, no other game overheats but doom3 is prob the only one i play that will cause any stress to processor

Sure the Athlon XP might heat up in most cases, but the Athlon 64 are extremely cool, even cooler than a Northwood and uses less than half the power of a P4 Prescott.

Yeah, I thought that the Prescott core tends to get WAY hot...which is it?!?!? (so I know whether or not to groan about my P4 2.8 prescott :D or :mad: )

Actually, i'll probably invest in a Prescott... the LGA 775. But then there is the nForce 4 SLI that might attract me to a Athlon 64.... i'll have to wait.

well with these recent price reductions, i'm thinking about a 3ghz p4e. but i'm still debating.

lol, are you implying anything gameguru??

i've always had an amd processor, so i'm wondering if i should give intel a chance.

It looks like that all the people that have posted on this topic are going with intel for some reason! Lets not forget here that AMD is the best cpu. Case closed!By the way the prescott has the overheating problem!AMD's dont overheat they just run hott.period:beard:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom