Too much RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

35g700

rustle rustle
After I built my new computer I decided to put my Hauppage Win TV PVR 150 into it because I'm the only one that uses it and when I do I normally use it to record something for xbox. I installed it and it was not working correctly so I called up the company and found out that I have too much RAM in my computer and that is making it so it is not working correctly! (That's like saying you have too much money you cant buy this) The guy said I can disable RAM buy I don't know how to do that and I don't want to risk taking a stick of RAM out when ever I want to use it. Does anyone know how to disable RAM?

The too much RAM is pure BS. I think he might have meant that the card is incompatible with 64-Bit systems.

I have never heard of too much ram. I have heard that a system may not support the ram after a certain amount, but so much or 'too much' that the system doesn't work? Seriously? Maybe if this was windows 95 or 98, but since NT hardware and software manf. make it to where if you have 'too much' ram installed on a system it just won't utilize it all.

Sounds like the type of technician or company that doesn't know squat about computers. Those are the same guys that will try a system restore within 5 minutes of working on your computer, then tell you the only option is to wipe your hard drive completely.

Complete BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom