ATI Tool Problem with new drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
My computer just recovered from a video related problem. In the past I disabled my 3% overclock on my 8800 gtx, but recently decided to re-enable it. I used ATI tool and set it to load the overclocking profile when windows boots up. Then I downloaded the new nvidia drivers and rebooted my computer, suddenly realizing I had never updated new drivers before and had the ATI tool set to load the overclock profile during windows reboot ( maybe I had...I dunno I dont really remember ) . Sure enough when it rebooted back to desktop, it showed the desktop accurately before turning into a light blue flickering screen. I tried to get into safe mode after many many failed tries ( kept pressing F8 and even holding it ) realizing that my USB Logitech G11 keyboard may not be working on bootup ( although keys like delete would work ). So I had to plug in a old PS2 keyboard and finally got into safe mode where I was able to run ATI tool and disable the load OC profile which seemed to fix the entire problem. I then re-installed the new drivers over again just to make sure everything went okay. And ran 3d benchmark to see my unoverclocked score boost from 13100 to 13350.

Anyone ever have this problem with ATI tool before?

I've noticed ATITool doesn't do nearly as good a job on newer nVidia cards as it does on older cards. I only use RivaTuner now for the fan speed and overclocking.

I've noticed ATITool doesn't do nearly as good a job on newer nVidia cards as it does on older cards. I only use RivaTuner now for the fan speed and overclocking.

Newer cards as in geforce 8 series and beyond? or geforce 9 series and beyond?

Rivatuner doesn't have near as many overclocking options as ATI tool does

Well I have an 8800 like it says in my sig. Even though Riva doesn't have as many options, the developers are making it much more compatible with the newer cards and drivers. ATITool has been pretty stagnant as of recently aside from the odd minor update.

Well I have an 8800 like it says in my sig. Even though Riva doesn't have as many options, the developers are making it much more compatible with the newer cards and drivers. ATITool has been pretty stagnant as of recently aside from the odd minor update.

yeah ill use Rivatuner from now on to overclock although ill keep it stock for a while since its getting deltas with ATI Tools artifact test after 50 minutes or so on stock settings! Anyways any slight overclock adjustment now with ATI Tool results in a flashing blue screen so I guess it can no longer work with the new nvidia drivers.

Well 50 minutes isn't bad considering ATITool pushes your video to it's absolute max the whole time. Not even Crysis runs it as hard.

If you're running 8GB's of RAM, that's why. Because that's a BIG issue ATI is having with computers running 8GB's of RAM, especially it's a HUGE problem with CrossFire set-ups, but hopefully soon ATI will have a new driver regarding that issue.

According to his signature he only has 2GB.

QFT, in the past I used to be able to pass an hour of ATI artifact testing at the 600 core OC, I dunno if my card is slowly dying or it was just hotter in my room. In general like I said in one thread, Im shocked that people do far less testing when it comes to the GPU being stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom