HELP! Comp randomly restarts during Call of Duty

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
I built my comp about a month ago (the specs are in my signature). I just got Call of Duty last night, and it has randomly restarted the computer once, and twice has quit the game back to the desktop. I have no clue what's going on. Nothing smells funny, I don't have the graphics on too high of a resolution. The game plays perfectly smooth until the random quit. I thought about overheating, but the first time it restarted after 5 minutes, so I really doubt it's overheating. The power supply is enough for the system, so I'm completely at a loss. Could anyone help me with this? I'm really confused because there seems to be no pattern at all.

::::EDIT:::: Also, sometimes it lets me play for 2 hours without it happening, but sometimes it restarts after the first 5 minutes. Also, the temperature has never gotten about 54 C. Nothing in the system is overclocked at all.

The only thing that really does fit is overheating. You say 5 minutes but it really doest matter how long it takes because when you play a game your system really starts to work and it is very posible it could be that problem.
How many fans do you have???
And are you playing call of duty on the internet??? Or not??
Edit:dont ask me:p

I have 2x120mm case fans, on in the bottom of the front, and one at the top of the back. I'm playing it single player, not even connected to the internet.

Only other thing i could think of is......Hell i give up!!:D
Or mabye it has something to do with some settings on the game or even the operating system,because when i try to play sof2 it freezes up and i set it on different color and it worked then i tryed to aply it again with the same setting then it didnt work.
Might be a corrupted cd or something.

Would I need to go install the latest video card drivers? Could that be the problem? I haven't been connected to the internet with the card, I've only installed what came on the CD when I got it.

Well i dont think thats the problem becasue when i didnt have the latest drivers it wouldnt even let me run the game but it might be on call of duty. Ya but you need the new drivers any ways!!!!:)Speaking with experience never just use the drivers the card came with they are like 2 years out of date.

Ok it just happened again. I downloaded the newest drivers for the card, and started playing. Just as I was starting a new mission, the game quit and sent me back out to the desktop. It didn't restart or anything, it just seemed like someone hit a "quit" button or something. I'm freaking confused.

my friend had the same problem, i dont know much about all this yet, so excuse me if this is an ignorant suggestion, but his problem was that his mobo had onboard video and he had put another video card in the machine and they were conflicting eachother. he fixed that and upgraded from a 350w psu to a 480w

Grimgopher, thanks for the suggestion, but my motherboard doesn't have onboard video, so I don't think that's it. As for the power supply, the 350W should be plenty. Man computers suck sometimes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom