Status
Not open for further replies.

Monolith

Solid State Member
i just bought the LG W2452T-TF Black 24"
the best monitor EVER! huge, colorful, fast
only one weird trouble:
the recommend resolution is 1920x1200,
I have a LAPTOP; dell inspiron 9400 CoreDuo 1.73ghz, XP 2005 MCE, 7900 Go GS nvidia, etc,.
I am using the DVI digital hookup to the monitor...
When I use the 1900x1200 recommended resolution, it shows the my screen, zoomed in?? hard to explain but its like to see the whole screen I navigate my mouse to the edges of the screen and it will zoom over across to the rest of the screen...

so to sum it up 1920x1200 (rec. setting) wont show the entire screen at once, like a zoomed view... whats the deal...?

if i drop it down to 1600x1200..every fits normally, i can see the entire screen...just not in 1920x1200...!!! Its the recommend resolution, yet it doesnt fit right...

so investigation, using the on-monitor controls, i choose menu...and display...and it says "1600x1200 digital resolution" event hough, through the PC, it is defenatley set at 1920x1200....

So for some reason, using the DVI input, the monitor is digitally fixed in the 1600x1200, and i cant find a seting to change that...

any help would be good, even any clues...
Newegg.com - LG W2452T-TF Black 24" 2ms(GTG) Widescreen LCD Monitor 400 cd/m2 10000:1 DCR with HDCP support - LCD Monitors
there is a link with the monitor specs..

thanks all ya'll

Get the latest drivers for your laptop from teh Dell site. Specifically the Video Card Drivers.

i will try updating both drivers...and will report back tonight! thanks so far...hope its just those things, even though i just updated BEFORE the purchase...thanks and Ill let you know!:)

ok.

I ..."updated" back to the only OLD dell drivers for my laptop off their site. YEP that worked! Now i can view the whole shabang in 1920x1200....BUT

BUT

NOW, dvd playback is twined onto BOTH displays. AND changing the color settings doenst effect DVD/VIDEOs. I ususally goto the Nvidia settings and adjust sharpness, digital vibrance, brightness, etc,. Now I got the display to work good, but the crappy dell drivers make everything FUNKY!

Its like I either get AIDS or CANCER...either one is BAD! Dont want either!

Anyone have this same problem? WHich drivers did you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom