CPU running lower than stock speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahiv87

In Runtime
I have an Intel E7200 2.53Ghz CPU. I ran CPU-Z and it said that my cpu was running at 1.66Ghz. Can some one please explain this to me? also i think my temps may be a little hot, CPU and GPU are both idling at 55C, is this normal?

was there a load on the computer? the cards multiplier is 9.5 (266 Mhz x 9.5 = 2.53 Ghz) but without a load i think it will cut the multiplier down to 6 or so.

Your temps are running a little hot. Is it just the stock heat sink and fan? need more info on your case, fans, and type/brand of cooler.

I had no other programs running but CPU-Z. I have the Raidmax Smilodon case Newegg.com - RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WB Black 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case - Computer Cases with 2 small fans(1 over CPU and Cooler) and 2 bigger fans(not sure of sizes). i am using the Zalman 9700 cooler Newegg.com - ZALMAN CNPS9700 LED 110mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks. CPU-Z is the only thing i used to check my system ever.

Naphtali14 i have to correct myself on CPU-Z being the only program, i have used the nvidia system monitor program, thats how i got the temps. my mobo is idling at 34c and the mobo fan speed is over 2100RPM. My cooler fan speed is running at around 1220RPM.

one more person getting confused over speed step, WHY INTEL WHY DID U HAVE TO MAKE SPEED STEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WILL IT EVER END!!!!!!!!!

Lol yeah, just another case of the CPU speed being clocked down to conserve power. I think there should be a sentence or two on the matter that they have to agree they have read when they sign up. Like in TechForums Terms and Conditions of entry/membership.

Speedstep was already disabled, thats why i posted this tread. I have searched and all i found was ppl saying to turn Speedstep off and it will fix this problem. My problem has not been fixed. Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom