Laptop screen problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Laptop? It is not that old. I was using a 500 MHZ Pentium 3 Dell which i still have. Now that is old! Do u really think it is the whole screen? There are no dead pixels or anything like that. Well the screen is not damaged but some of the rest of it is .. sort of.... The left speaker is missing a chunk of plastic near the bottom and the left side where the my dvd/cdrw drive is the corner is kind of missing, the drive still opens and it functional. It might have been dropped or hit by something, but i dont think that could effect the screen? The laptop is a good laptop. I am looking at some nice mac laptops, but this is a good windows laptop. I have 2 programs that i use on windows that i do not want to get the mac version for them right now, so i use my laptop for them. I have a mac g4 that i use for my personal use. This laptop i do some of my business work on, but it is not owned by my bussiness. As long as i remember to hit ctrl alt delete like 20 times then it will boot up normally when that happens. Is there anyone our there that specializes in laptops? Thank you for all the suggestions so far but i would like more please!

the bios is not the problem i think it is more a hardware problem. i just turned off this laptop and then went away for 2 hours and came back and booted it up and it came on like normal but it happens at random i think it has to sit longer for it to do this. Maybe some kind of part gets cold and does not work right away and then when it is warm it works fine? If i reboot my laptop it boots up fine because it was already working properly. I need more suggestions please!

This remark leads me to believe that the GFX chip or card is overheating and needs time to cool down ot operate correctly. If youleft it alone for 2 hours and it booted fine but if you try and try and try to boot from a state where it has run before it doesnt work.

This leads me to think overheating somewhere along the way. Use a canned of compressed air and blow out all the vents. Use a cooling pad to help keep the temp down. See if that helps it at all.

my laptop does not get all that hot there is a noisy fan that will run when it gets hot and it stops when it thinks it is cooled down. unless a internal part is getting hot and the fan censors do not know it? The air vents are clean. Any other suggestions?

HAve you checked any temp software? The constant asking for solutions does us nothing if you do not try to find the answer for the solutions we already gave.

Have you run Speed Fan, ATiTool, Core Temp, Everest or anything to check the temps at all? Just "guessing" that it isnt hot will not due. We need something to go by here.

Here are my current temps from Everest Home's Sensor:

Field Value
Sensor Properties
Sensor Type Analog Devices ADM1030 (SMBus 2Ch)

Temperatures
Motherboard 44 °C (111 °F)
CPU 44 °C (111 °F)
IBM IC25N040ATMR04-0 41 °C (106 °F)

Are these temps in normal range? Or is it overheating?

For a laptop those temps are very good. I would contact the manufacturer and see if they know of any bugs with the current BIOS.

are u positive that it could be a bios problem? Y no a hardware problem? If it would be a bios problem there should be more things wrong and it may beep at me when i boot it up. I does not and nothing else is wrong with it!

It could either be BIOS or the GFX card is dying. Those are the only things that come to mind in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom