Dell Dimension 2400

Status
Not open for further replies.

heavywx

In Runtime
I have a friend that has a Dell dimension 2400 and is looking to upgrade. Because of the mobo and the lack of an agp slot were kinda limited. For the time being were looking at just upgrading the ram to 512. In the feature I'm thinking new case, new mobo, video card and maybe a cpu upgrade depending on what his machine has (I haven't look at his specs yet). Any thoughts would be welcome at this point from anyone that has had experence with dell dimensions before.

Oh yeah and a new cooling scheme.

Just looking for thoughts from anyone on possable problems or some one that has dell dimension 2400 experence?

LOL I know but he dosen't have that option (money wise). Upgrading will be cheaper by far. This dell of his is only about 6 months old.

Dell motherboards are not standard ATX (or microATX for that matter). Therefore, you will have to replace the motherboard and the case together. Other than that good luck.

My one major concern is reinstalling xp after all the major hardware upgrades. The hareware changes shouldn't mess up the xp registration being it's oem should it?

Nope. But if you really decide to start upgrading you might wanna get a new MOBO and case. You can rip out the old parts and use it in the new computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom