Tv on a PC screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

horris1st

In Runtime
Can anybody think of a way to get a TV pciture on your computer screen, without having a WINTV card/ or the pc switched on???

Any cables you can buy, if not sombody should invent one.

i dont think thats what hes looking for... the cable in the link u put up is going the other way around, from the pc, to the TV.

EDIT: o yea i think what he's looking for is called a 'VGA switcher' i never looked into it, but there prolly easy to find, google it or something.

i have a yellow rca port but when i plug it in nothing happens :( do i have to have a program or something?

Nope, i have a unit that will display a PC display on your TV, it has loads of ports and things, it came with a scart to VGA. So i tryed sending a picture down the scart into the input, where you would usally conect your graphics card to (with a small cable supplied) and connected a normall monitor to it. (it has 5 outputs on it, S-video, composite, scart, monitor 1, monitor 2). The monitor switched on but no picture was displayed.

I had a closer look at the cables and on the monitor cable it had 1 pin misisng, but on the scart to VGA it had the pin.

Thanks for that, bit of a price tag though. Im sure i can get something from maplins, for a tenner or so.

I just like the fact that a tv picture on a TFT LCD screen would be so clear, and yes would save a lot of space.

i dont know what divice your using harris. but what i mean is..

u need something to input from a reciever, and output it to vga, instead of RCA.

and i dont think it will look any clearer on a monitor, unless your recieving your input from a HDTV signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom