Saving your Settings Hangs - SP1 wont help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have exactly the same problem, I have a DSL USB modem too. I'm using w2k.

The problem only appears if I use P2P programs (like Shareaza or BitSpirit) that create a large ammount of connections. I'm not using MSN.

When that happens I can still control the modem using the driver interface (stop, restart or run tests...), so the modem is still working.

I tryed to search on google, I found a lot of people having the same problem than us but with no solution. That must be another bug on Microsoft side.

People who have XP may solve the problem installing SP2...

my google search:
http://www.google.gg/search?q="conn...isconnecting&hl=fr&lr=&ie=UTF-8&start=10&sa=N

If one of you found a solution PLEASE tell me :)

Ok I have had this problem for two years now, under Win XP Pro, till I recently fixed it.

My problem, like many others was the BT Voyager USB modem. Over two years I have changed every single component of my PC, except the modem and always had this problem. Also reinstalled Windows many times to no effect. Still get the hang at "saving your settings" or if I disconnect it, its hang. Usually this occurs after an hours use or if I use file tranfer problems or play games.

So I tried the BT Voyager on another computer and the same thing happened. Then I tried a different modem on my computer and it was all fixed, it shutdown all ok and doesn't hang when I disconnect from the net. SO to fix the problem, use a different modem, I'm now using a Thompson Speedtouch UBM modem.

There is no other option, there are no new drivers, no fixes, none of the SP make a difference, the Voyager modem it just weak.

So I call BT and tell them about the problem and they just won't believe me. They say if the modem caused this error with Win XP hundreds of people would have called them. However I don't think that is the case since most people wont know its the modems fault, also when I called BT back about it there previous error report summary of my last call was put down to a virus??? so no wonder they dont log this problem.

BT have refused to refund me the cost of a new modem and basically said if I dont like it go else where. Thanks BT, I might just do that.

Hi all, I know this thread is very old but I just thought i'd add to it.

I have the BT voyager modem (I dont have a version number, I think it was the 1st one).

After having this problem on 2 computers I finally decided to get it sorted with BT, this proved to be extremely difficult, with them asking my mother to do one thing and then basically asking me to undo what she'd done, then being told its a virus and to get rid of the virus because it cant be a problem with the modem, because theyed never heard this problem before (sound familiar?).

I then found this thread and presented BT with it to prove I was not the only one with this problem. After a talk with one very helpful member of BT's staff (there is one) they have agreed to send me a new modem (a new model), I will let you all know if this new modem works.

I have the same problem... but I own different modem - Microcom ADSL AD 2622 usb modem. So it's not problem of only BT. And I have Windows XP SP2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom