Did I screw up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me, or did he get a downgrade on his video card? Or am i just that out of touch with the 7 series...

My thoughts are this. Did you get a Core 2 Duo or just a Pentium Dual Core? There is a difference and the Pentium Dual Core is not that much better than a Pentium M. It is just a Dual Core Pentium chip compared to that of a Core 2 Duo.

My good friend did this himself. Thought he got a Core 2 Duo but it wasnt. So i would check that.

Also Spoer and WoW are not optimized to run on 64 Bit OS's. They run but in 32 Bit Mode. They are also not optimized to run with anything else going. So if you are running iTunes or something else this will bring your FPS down.

like said earlier it could be a vista thing, vista eats over 2gbs of my ram when i ran it before. I went back to xp and it was faster. If you can find all the xp drivers for you model of computer and have a copy of windows xp to put on it i would maybe suggest doing that. Vista hogs your computer and you need a good graphics card just to get all of vista's features like flip 3d and aero. I had a 128 mb one and it ran it fine, but i think it killed my card half way becasue i went back to xp and it would not install with my graphics card in the computer, i had to use the onboard card and install windows xp and then after it was installed i was able to put it back in my computer and it worked. So xp is less graphic intense so going back to xp should make your game better. Did it run great on your old computer? if so i don't mean to be rude..... but, why did u upgrade in the first place?

Vista shouldnt be eating over 2GB of RAM. You must have had some stuff running on there. Even with 75 processes going at all times i still barely hit 1.5GB of RAM usage at any time in Vista.

Things like Outlook, Opera, µTorrent, Sidebar, F@H, Fahmon, WinAmp, Avast, WLM Beta and much more going at all times i have yet to break the 2GB of my 3GB in resource usage. Even when running things like Photoshop CS3 and much more i still never broke 2GB usage.

For some games yes. But some games require Vista now. Halo 2 cant run on XP well. Most games that are coming out now and in the future will be Vista only. So getting XP could limit him to not being able to play them.

oh i think that is stupid some of the games i got before worked on windows 98 and also worked on xp, but that is fine because xp runs games and other programs in compatibility mode. Some games might require a patch or a update to get them to run on xp. The should not even made vista, it is just causing headaches and tha is why people are going to macs or back to xp.

Vista has a compatibility mode as well. Vista is just fine. I have remarked on this hundreds of times. I ran it thru the beta stages and everything. Never have i come across issues such as what people describe.

XP cant do forward compatibility. There is no way to run Halo 2 on XP without a crack. Even then you cant play online. Only single player mode. That is if you can get it working.

There is nothing wrong with Vista. Vista upon install works just fine. As with XP 99% of the issues come from user error. Not OS error.

Vista is fine, I'm really sick of all the stuff that's said about it. Do people think its cool to bag on a decent OS because other people do it? Maybe instead of going to the mall with my friends we can grab a salad and head down to the computer store and give vista some ****.

Macs suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom