HDMI connection on LCD tv is very blurry/ horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonsayers

Baseband Member
Ok so when I bought a new TV, I realised it had a VGA connection on the back, which meant, I could hook up my PC to the 32" TV due to it being right next to be, good stuff. However, I've recently bought a new ATI HD4850 gfx card and it comes with no VGA connector on the card. Instead I have a white one (dvi) and a yellow/orange one, I assume it's dvi, but for a dvi to HDMI adapter (which I think came with the card, since it's got a hdmi plug in the back of it).

Anyway, so i assume I just get a hdmi cable and plug in like the vga and off I go. How wrong I was. I attached the HDMI to my TV and PC, and the screen is horrid. BLurry text and everything. I've toyed around with Resolutions, refresh rates..everything in the catalyst control center and nothing.

I dunno what to do next, ive exhausted everything I can do to get it to work. Kind of a bummer...

Card is ATI HD4850
TV is 32" Tevion 3241TS HDTV (with hdmi obviously)

I thought it'd be plug and play, but guess not. Anyone care to shed some light on this complicated subject? thanks

you have the res matched up to match the display?

higher or lower res does nothing for clarity...lcds need pixel match in order to display the "clearest" image

well the TV's manual says highest res is '1366x768'. I've put it on 1360x768 (no such rez as 1366) and its still poo

Although in the book the 'LCD dimension' is 798x225x591mm ...whatever that is

****, i even forced 1366x768 via Powerstrip and it's still terrible. stupid thing

The TV doesnt have the ability to run Clear Type. Which Vista does use to make fonts on LCD screens more legible and better looking. The problem is that the TV cant support what the PC is trying to put out. That is why your text looks blurry. Vista uses Clear Type, TV does not.

You can try turning off Clear Type see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom