What should i do? keep or sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
want a quad core no matter what and dont have that much money to throw at for a nehalem

Based on what I've read, you don't have enough for nehalem, but, you can sell and make a profit on what you have now. It's entirely up to you.

Take a look at what the members say and it's really true. You either buy the latest and greatest 'now' or invest in a rig that will run everything you need and then some. developers haven't taken full advantage of quads yet, maybe alan wake but that's a shot in the dark.

Not anymore you can't. The q6600s they have now are the bad ones of the batch. That happens to every processor at the end of its life. They sell the chips that didn't come out as well at the end.

exactly why im put off selling it because it is one of the good ones with a good batch number.
so with any luck it should overclock pretty high

Not anymore you can't. The q6600s they have now are the bad ones of the batch. That happens to every processor at the end of its life. They sell the chips that didn't come out as well at the end.

Even if its a bad batch it should still be able to hit 3ghz. So he'll have a Quad operating at 3ghz.

i plan on water cooling to so im hoping to go past 3 ghz
just seems i be spending alot on the new ones when the q6600 is nearly as good overclocked but way cheaper

i plan on water cooling to so im hoping to go past 3 ghz
just seems i be spending alot on the new ones when the q6600 is nearly as good overclocked but way cheaper

If that's your plan then I'd have to agree with Zmatt. Since they're a bad batch they won't exceed 3.2ghz. So just get a nice heat sink and over clock to 3ghz and be happy with it. OR look for a Q9400 hovering in the mid 200$'s that would be your second best bet.

If that's your plan then I'd have to agree with Zmatt. Since they're a bad batch they won't exceed 3.2ghz. So just get a nice heat sink and over clock to 3ghz and be happy with it. OR look for a Q9400 hovering in the mid 200$'s that would be your second best bet.

i got an old q6600 with a GOOD batch number, so i should get fairly high speeds with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom