Decent Gaming Rig < $700

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know Apok and I can make a thread fall apart really fast. But I remember some debates against Maroon way back when. They were brutal. Too easy to get personal.

What ever happened to him anyways?

I stop posting for a couple hours because I go out and do some things, and you guys think I'm scared off? :D Open your eyes, wow.

Okay, here we go again... You guys still have not provided me with what I asked. All you're doing now is trying to prove me wrong in something I could care less about, and something I even specifically stated, I would use if I was proven wrong. Numbers on benchmarks don't phase me at all; I want to see something perform physically, and where I can absolutely see the difference before I change what I had. Now show me, and stop going "lol bs" plz.

My overclocks were rather simple. I don't know where you got your info from, but I overclocked mine stabley at 3.2Ghz, with the stock processor and stock voltages. o_O I used AMD Overdrive, and it even posts at 3.2 in BIOS. Havn't had one system crash yet! Maybe it was just my computer...? I dunno, but you guys saying "BS" to me and not saying anything else is looking rather hypocritical. I don't care who you like, why you like it, or if it gives you something under the table; I go with the best price for the best performance. So... I'm still waiting. Remember. Under 700 dollars. :)

Most of my computers are built with the new Antec Three Hundred anyways, because that case is... Well, just win. MY case, however, is the CoolerMaster CM690, and besides the Antec Twelve Hundred, it has the best cooling I have ever seen, so maybe that's why it doesn't breach 37°C? I dunno, but please don't tell me I'm lying, when I'm not, just because I havn't posted a screenshot. (even if I did, screenshots are easily modifiable, and you wouldn't believe me anyways, lol) So, enough of the "lololol ur stoopid", and show me a frickin list. This thread was meant to find the best rig under 700 that was upgradable, and thats what I want.

Doesn't need to be for gaming, just the best overall use, just to let you know. I have seen many problems with the P45 Neo3, and specifically the Neo3 where I work. (I work tech at a private firm in Washington State); most of them are unstable with a wide variety of video cards. It'd be acceptable, but you can only use one video card. :( I'd rather use two 4850's in crossfire x8 than a single 4870. (A 4870 X2 would exceed a price warrant, in my eyes) It's upgradable, just not as much as before. A good build, but not -quite- what I was looking for... Need to get my next operation going so I can buy testing platforms specifically for destroying them with overclocks. :D

Doesn't need to be for gaming, just the best overall use, just to let you know. I have seen many problems with the P45 Neo3, and specifically the Neo3 where I work. (I work tech at a private firm in Washington State); most of them are unstable with a wide variety of video cards. It'd be acceptable, but you can only use one video card. :( I'd rather use two 4850's in crossfire x8 than a single 4870. (A 4870 X2 would exceed a price warrant, in my eyes) It's upgradable, just not as much as before. A good build, but not -quite- what I was looking for... Need to get my next operation going so I can buy testing platforms specifically for destroying them with overclocks. :D

If it's not computer for gaming, why even bother with crossfired 4850s? Might as well get a couple 4670s, and spend the extra cash on a better (INTEL) CPU.

Look at Phillbar's build. That one will tear yours up.

that was hard to find at 700 dollars budget. but yes that will walk all over a 700dollar AMD build. in my build i included the crow favorite 4850 but you could go w/ a 9600gso/8800gs/4670 if youre not going to game and save some cash

If it's not computer for gaming, why even bother with crossfired 4850s? Might as well get a couple 4670s, and spend the extra cash on a better (INTEL) CPU.

Look at Phillbar's build. That one will tear yours up.

Said it doesn't need to be, didn't say it wasn't going to be.

But yes, Phil, that list is rather nice. I'll give it a quick scan! Thanks for actually doing it, instead of saying 'lol ur build sux'

Was there any combos in that list? I put the thing in the Newegg cart, and it breaches 800 dollars. Without a case.

Edit: I tried making my own build with it, and the lowest I got it was 747 with a P5Q board... Here's the list:

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 HD322HJ 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 Wolfdale 2.53GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit English for System Builders 1pk DSP OEI DVD - Operating Systems
Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Black ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Combo with: Newegg.com - Antec True Power Trio TP3-650 650W ATX12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply with Three 12V Rails - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - ASUS P5Q Pro LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Combo with: Newegg.com - ASUS EAH4850 TOP/HTDI/512M Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

That Antec case w/ PSU is just the best combo there is right now. I couldn't find any combination any better, so I'm going to stick with that. 650WA @ 80+% is just fine for dual-4850's. I chose that memory over the OCZ because it has overall better reviews, and is only $3 more than the OCZ, for 1066 instead of 800.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom