Decent Gaming Rig < $700

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMD Fusion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"AMD Fusion is the codename for a future next-generation microprocessor design and the product of the merger between AMD and ATI, combining general processor execution as well as 3D geometry processing and other functions of modern GPUs into a single package."

Its a hardware platform involving the merger of an R800 gpu and a next gen 45nm AMD core.

And the argument about 100 fps versus 90fps has been amde for years. But there is an agle that the people who make that argument rarely note. If system A gets 30% better performance in a game than system B, but they both max out the game and have very playable fps then system A is much more future proof than system and the owner will not have to upgrade as soon. There is also the argument that Intel's just so happen to be cheaper and run cooler than AMDs. Well even if the difference is 1fps, I will get the better chip. Anything less means you got swindled for an inferior product.

Hmm... This is the most heated thread I've seen so far on these forums!

Dude, if you think this is harsh, you haven't seen anything yet.

lol i am just asking for definitive proof of some outrageous claims. if OP can provide said proof, i will say, "so sorry, my mistake".
im trying not to flame, but in circumstances like this it is difficult.

and you were justified. I find it hard to beleive the things he is saying. From my own personal experience, the experience of ones around me, reviews, and members on TF, I know certain things about hardware must be true. So many people can't be wrong and he be right.

I know Phenoms have a high tdp
I know they dont OC well
I know Nvidia mobos have a high fail rate
I know Intel pushpins suck ***.

Nobody can tell me otherwise.

lol maybe. There comes a point when people who spew crap realize that they have been figured out and they cut their losses and run.

He isn't logged on, so he either ran or went to bed.

Hmm... This is the most heated thread I've seen so far on these forums! :p

I may not know as much as the other guys that have posted, but I have a case with 1 fan on it, a hot GPU, a not great motherboard, and an intel Core 2 Duo 4600 (2.4ghz) on stock cooling. It idles at about 28c, and never goes higher than 38 on full load. If I was able to (had a motherboard that could), I could overclock this thing well over 3 ghz with stock cooling. My friend has an AMD 5600+, with a better motherboard, similar specs otherwise, and my intel blows the top off of his, while I have 64 bit Vista, and he has 32 bit.

Now if you're saying that you have all this experience with intels and they always overheat, obviously you don't pick good cases, or you don't put the heatsinks on properly.

The architecture of intels just seems to dominate that of AMD, and most games only use up to dual core, so three cores doesn't do much in terms of gaming, nor will companies ever spend time making a game to work best with three cores. If anything, they'll spend time and money for quad core support, in which core 2 quads absolutely destroy phenoms.

And as far as "Fusion software" goes, I'll believe "simple overclocking" when I see it. Overclocking takes time and caution to do it right and safely. With "one click overclocking", I'm going to predict a lot of AMD computers' only use will be as smoke machines :)

I do kinda agree with that.

Ya.. ever since we've seen the last of Maroon1 we no longer see heated threads anymore :(

But I found them rather enjoyable :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom