which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m6qrp

In Runtime
Hey guys,
I was just raiding my garage the other day and i found some old hardware lying around. I decide to build another pc from it. I came across two mobos.

A Biostar P4TPT (Intel 845PE)

and

A Gigabyte GA-8ST800 (SIS 645DX)

Im planing to put a P4 2.4C HT and 512MB in it with XP. My question is, is there any big difference between the two mobos? Whats the difference between an Intel and SIS chipset? Will i get any performance difference from either one.

Thanks in advance. :)

When i first saw it i would have chosen the BioStar for the Intel chipset, but i think the Gigabyte one ends up being better because if ive read it correctly, the Gigabyte one supports some Celeron/Pentium D cpu's and an extra gig of ram. But they are close to the same i would say so its which ever one you want i guess.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm quite sure it doesn't support Pentium D's cause its a 478 socket. But the Biostar does have an extra memory slot. But other than that, why would you have chosen the Biostar board cause it has a Intel chipset. What makes the Intel chipset better than the SIS chipset.

Thanks.

Well i thought it took some sort of Pentium/Celeron D cpu because on Gigabytes CPU support list it writes:
P4-Celeron D 345 3.06G
Intel P4-Celeron D 340 2.93G
Intel P4-Celeron D 335 2.8G
Intel P4-Celeron D 330 2.66G
Intel P4-Celeron D 325 2.53G
Intel P4-Celeron D 320 2.4G

And i only suggested the Intel chipset because at this current point in time they are rather good. So like i said, go with which ever one, it wont make a difference.

Oh...ok...So,there's not much difference between an Intel chipset and a SIS chipset? but why is it that Intel chipsets generally cost more? are there any extra features?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom