What should i do? keep or sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nukeman8

Baseband Member
Building a new pc after christmas and will be buying the bits after christmas
however brought the processor recently (q6600) because of the whole bad batch business

having second thoughts thou now by the time i get round to buying/building the pc will they be something
better out? not in terms out speed but value for money as the q6600 can be overclocked nicely.

so what ya thing sell the q6600 and make a fair bit of my money back and buy something better after christmas or
keep it?

if you dont need it sell it whilst you can tbh, best make as much as you can on fleebay or maybe someone on this forum is willing to buy it, then you will have some more money to spend after christmas.

Tbh, there is always something new and better coming out every 6months or so. Sitting on your hands about buying a PC isn't a good idea. Try buying the motherboard first with plenty of upgrade capability.

If your selling it, do it before Christmas like you said, prices could drop and you might have to bite a loss during the season.

So you reckon there will be a better quad core out between now and after xmas within the q6600 price range and as good?
Main reason for getting it now was like i said it has a good batch number which will be harder getting one as time goes by.

Well Nehelam is coming out soon. If I remember correctly from the road map I saw the entry level one will be $300, maybe?

just had a quick look at the Nehelam and no release date is set yet? Couldnt see what speed it is?

Well Nehelam is coming out soon. If I remember correctly from the road map I saw the entry level one will be $300, maybe?

Ya, but its impossible to build a Nehalem rig unless you have a $1500+ budget, I think you really shouldn't care, nobody is able to beat technology for too long..

So I say sell the Q6600 and get an e8400 or e8500 and do a rig based on that, as games don't require quads yet

Core i7 (nehalem) should be out in October. It will be 25-50% faster than the 45nm Yorkfield quads clock for clock and will have hyper threading so a quad core will be able to run 8 threads. It should start at $280-$300 for a 2.66gbz quad but it will require DDR3 memory and a x58 motherboard.

Depends entirely on your cash flow. If you have a few grand then you can build a good Nehalem based build in the next month or so. If not then keep your eyes on either Yorkfeild or Wolfdale. They are still pretty fast and will be dirt cheap when Nehalem comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom