Wire issue. help would be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Kurrent mate.

If it's as easy as cutting the damaged piece out and then wiring the right colors back together, I'm sure I'd have no problem.
But is that outer silver wire hard to reconnect. And would cutting 6 inches off the wire damage the power or anything.

Cheers.

-The length of the cord would not affect the power in any way.

-Is the outer part actual wire? I though it was just sheilding?

You may get away with a partial shield as long as the broken sections are electrically connected with a jumper wire. The shield keeps out external noise and helps maximize data transfer rates. If you experience erratic behavior with your tablet then it's best to get the cable replaced. If it were me I'd cannibalize a mouse for it's cable and open the tablet and attach the "new" cable. A replacement from Wacom may be very costly.

Naphtali, I'm sorry I'm pretty new to this tech stuff. The wire or shielding i'm not sure is like this bunch of really thin silver wire that surrounds the four inner wires. It's like a bunch of Robocops pubies. except there straight as apposed to your and my short and curly's. ;) (although I'm not sure if you techno wiz's have got all sorts of bio mechanical body parts such as fiber optic pubes and what not)

Thanks Naph.

And Thanks for all your good suggestions Kurrent.
I was worried if I tried to reconnect the cables I could damage something.
From your guys suggestions and help it seems to cut out the piece and re wire the ends is ok cause if some reason it didn't work I could always just get another cable from either a mouse or Wacom :eek: If all else fails.

Or maybe Naph could just come to Dublin and just fix it for me if it's not too much
trouble. I'll buy you a Guiness of course, if your mad enough to actually like the ****.

Another alternative is to cut out the bad section and put connectors on each cable part. Male and female cable connectors can be found at any electronics parts shop. You might get a good deal taking it to a TV repair shop to get the cable fixed.

Thanks again Kurrent.

So it would be the same as an old cable tv connection male and female?
I've only ever put male female connectors on a cable that had just one copper wire.
How would you connect all the wires to the male/female connectors, or can they all be connected to the same connector?
Sorry if these questions seem silly to you guys.

Cheers!

No, the connectors are nothing like TV coax connectors. If you want the cable repaired rather then replaced the you should take it to a repair shop where they have all the right tools to work with.

I rewired it myself guys and I done it perfect with all the right tools from my toolbox. I plugged it in and it wasn't working till I reinstalled the drivers. Now it's working as good as new.

Thanks guys for taking the time to help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom