Low budget GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

continu

Baseband Member
Okay my old X850XT 256MB is starting to die on me when playing slightly more graphic extensive games. Although I don't game as much as I use to, I would like to get a new low budget GPU to go with a new monitor I was thinking of purchasing in a previous thread.

So tell me how these are compared to my old GPU, I'm sure it will be an improvement none the less.

Newegg.com - MSI R4650-D512 Radeon HD 4650 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

or

Newegg.com - ASUS EAH4670/DI/512M/A Radeon HD 4670 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

to go with this monitor

Newegg.com - Acer X223Wbd Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 2500:1 - LCD Monitors

thanks everyone!!

edit: I dont play crysis, cod4 or anything of that GPU nature... more like CS:S or Requiem:Bloodymare

Cool thx guys. Is that 9800 GT better? I forget which Gigabyte MB im using right now but can I go from Raedon to Nivida (sp?) GPU with no problems? All i know is its a 775 socket and it doesnt support quad just the duo's.

Something tells me that was a noob question ^__^

The 9800 is better by a good amount, but you will need a strong power supply, and have about 11 inches of room in your case for it. The 4670 is about 5 inches long, takes very little power, and will be more than substantial for your uses. Go with the 4670, like I will be next week :)

as to your other question you'll be fine as long as your psu can put out the amps needed for the card, which i can't imagine is a whole lot.

Thanks Ethan

I just read your thread regarding the 4670. I guess you'll be going with the HIS. I was looking at that one to. Judging from your thread you'll be purchasing Crysis:Warhead. Are you going to be runing it on the 4670? Will it run? I mean if it can run that, than I guess this GPU is alot better than I thought. That would be more than what I would need.

What do you think about my monitor up there?

Edit: My PSU if i remember correctly is a Antec TruPower 500? or 550? something like that

that 22 is a great monitor. we have a couple at work and they look beautiful. also if its a trupower series 500w or more, you'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom