Need a double check(Approval) on my 2nd build

Status
Not open for further replies.
ty for quick reply - u were quicker than I thought and I edited my last post while you were typing up a reply lol

If you recommend the sunbeam - I'll go with it

I decided to stick with the quad-core you chose..

And the PSU - I'm kind of an idiot about this - I'm only getting Enermax - I've tried like 4 other brands of PSU's (Rosewill,OCZ,CoolerMaster) and believe it or not they failed.
I've had nothing but good experience with enermax so that's staying.

Even thogh it shot up little bit over the planned budget - I think i can pull it off.

- One more thing I should say - this PC will also be used for video editing not only for gaming and i think that's where the 4gigs and Quad Core will come in play.

Otherwise I trust you guys so I'll go with what You recommended.

Thank you SO much for your time

here is the FINAL setup

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=9009872

The Quad and 12mb of L2 cache will make a world of difference in video work. That also happens to be Intel's cup of tea. The 4 gigs of ram would be useful then, but not for gaming. Hope we were helpful.

-The PSU (Maybe i should of been more specific about that) I want a Modular one. - So probably will be keeping the one I picked

Is the $100 premium for the modular one really worth it? Particularly since you say you're on a budget.

And the PSU - I'm kind of an idiot about this - I'm only getting Enermax - I've tried like 4 other brands of PSU's (Rosewill,OCZ,CoolerMaster) and believe it or not they failed.
I've had nothing but good experience with enermax so that's staying.

So you got unlucky with those other PSUs and lucky with enermax. That's not reason to waste $100 on an unnecessarily expensive PSU.

lol and then BAM here's Pj with his list. lol, right on time...

We were communicating via IM the whole time. I was even helping him with the list some.

So you got unlucky with those other PSUs and lucky with enermax. That's not reason to waste $100 on an unnecessarily expensive PSU.

I would contest this notion. I actually think personal experience means a lot. I have had a **** of a time with hard drive reliability over the years, so I only by Western Digital. Some people may disagree with that, I haven't had a WD hard drive die prematurely. If the mate has had good experience with Enermax then he should get Enermax. It gives him peace of mind that he spent his money well. I personally have never used that brand so I cant say either way how good they are. But I do know power supply reliability is a major problem in the industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom