Decent rig suggestions for $800 - $1100

Status
Not open for further replies.

skele89

Baseband Member
I've never built a PC before and was wondering whether anyone could give me some recommendations. I'm not a hardcore gamer by anymeans but its main puposes would be gaming, video playing (in my room on my tv) and video/image editting, i also do a small amount of drafting on AutoCAD and have found that on larger drawings on my family PC that it laggs a fair bit on larger commands - this is frustrating! I also want to be able to play games while running other applications without any unexpected lag... (doesn't everybody?). I would like to run dual monitors at some point too.

I would also like to leave it open to future upgrades.

Im sure you've already realised i have no idea what im doing, im just after some build suggestions so i can research them and talk to people to find out what i really want.

Thanks in advance!

No, I've already got surround sound ( 3 x 3.5mm standard headphone style connectors.. )mouse and keyboard and will make do with my LCD TV for the moment (it's 24" widescreen with analog, digital and s-video inputs...) but will soon buy a propper monitor of a smilar size.

thanks for your reply.

One question - I have no real understanding of power consumption in pc's, but wouldn't 850watts be overkill for that system?

thanks for your reply.

One question - I have no real understanding of power consumption in pc's, but wouldn't 850watts be overkill for that system?

Yeah it would be a little much. But if you ever decided to Crossfire in the fure then you wouldn't have to worry with that power supply. Oh and when it comes to PSU's having more then you need is always better then having too little.

Yeah 850W is overkill but it comes as a combo deal with the Quad processor...and overkill doesn't really matter too much...just gives you some headroom :)

Haha yeah, i realised about the combo deal straight after i said it. And head rooms always great for future mods...

tbh I'm not sure if anyone is going to come up with a better setup than that for the money....looking back at it it makes me feel quite proud! what an awesome build!

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom