Decent Gaming Rig < $700

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, many replies. :D Currently I'm in the business of helping people who want the best for the least, which is NOT Intel. Sure, Intel has its points, but for less than 100 dollars (99, no shipping :p ), the AMD X3 8450 is -the- best price/performing processor on the market.

P45 is also too expensive for a mobo, and Dual-Core's are getting bogged down by lots of programs, even though they can't get near a quad-core, so I pick triple-core. That, and I wanted to base this system around AMD's upcoming "Fusion" software, which has to be AMD/ATI. The way I see it, is it's a push of a buttom for overclocking, and it can't be simpler. When people who don't know jack, they can even have fun with it.

Also, I have the power supply on there not only because its a HELLA good deal, but because the motherboard supports an upgrade or two, and two video cards will need more power. So when they want to upgrade, they can get a second 4850, as I stated in my first post, to double up; so the PSU stays. Sorry Redmo0n. :(

So, for what I have, I think it's the best thing you can get for under 700 bucks. I'm only slightly weary about the memory, but I can't test it yet, so I was wanting a bit of input. The reason AMD was such a good option, tho, because to most people on the market (Not us nerds who know everything about every framerate) can't and won't tell the difference between 40FPS and 45FPS. So for Intel you buy a Q6700 @ 2.5Ghz for 180-200, where you can buy an AMD 9850 @ 2.5Ghz for 160-165, and get the same exact performance, and (in my experience alone), it runs cooler. Intel processors just get way too dang hot. :eek: That, and they don't have any cool... Well, features... All they do is perform, and overclock. AMD is offering things that are added because of the processor in an AMD/ATI setup, so its fun!

Lastly, yes, < $700 is correct, because it'd be "Computer < $700" which translates to "Computer is less-than $700"

wow. dude. i like AMD too. a lot. but i dont know what planet you live on. the low end wolfdale chips ie e5200 (85 bucks) will spank an 8450 and costs less. and overclock better. thats the "best for least". where are you getting this...?
LOL where do you get your information...?!? "intel processors get too hot?" uh, my 9450 runs so much cooler than an AMD 140W quad i should just name it "ice". i'd wager A LOT of money that it runs cooler than an x3 as well. it sure runs as cool as my well, lets see....
x2 4200 windsor
x2 3600 brisbane (i had 3 of these)
x2 5000BE overclocked to the gills....
what "features" are there...uh, except perform and overclock?
yes, you could buy a q6700 for x amount and a 9850 for x amount and have 40 or 45 fps and then you could buy an e8400 for less than either, overclock it...and have 60 fps, lol.
not to flame you but half of what you said is ridiculous.
AMD rocks but dont come on and tell us that AMD is ahead in price /performance...if that was the case, i'd still have AMD.

So for Intel you buy a Q6700 @ 2.5Ghz for 180-200, where you can buy an AMD 9850 @ 2.5Ghz for 160-165, and get the same exact performance,

wrong, intel chips run faster clock per clock. why dont you just listen to people who are giving you the best advise your gonna get? :S

wrong, intel chips run faster clock per clock. why dont you just listen to people who are giving you the best advise your gonna get? :S

thats exactly right, you cant just compare from the speed, The whole cpu is different in itself, a different architecture.

lol yeah i did get that from a site nagasama but it was the same concept i was taught at skool, just making sure i was right, otherwise i shouldnt be in 2 maths classes at school xD

That, and they (Intel) don't have any cool... Well, features... All they do is perform, and overclock.

Derned straight they perform and overclock, and they do both of those things significantly better than AMD at the moment.

lol

My lame Intel E8500 @ 4.5ghz dual core will absolutely murder any Tri-core AMD setup in pretty much anything....the closest it will ever get is in multithreaded encoding jobs and even then I'm willing to bet my chip will pull ahead significantly :p

That, and they don't have any cool... Well, features... All they do is perform, and overclock.

I don't know about you but the only features I care about are performance and overclocking. Currently Intel is better at both of those.

Oh man, looks like I missed the fun. Score another point for the Truthiness squad!

The e8500 will beat all Phenoms in gaming (according to anandtech) and the OC ability is simply amazing. I don't know what features this guy is talking about. Perhaps the phenoms will toast my bread if I put it on the HSF? Eh, that was a feature of the pentium 4 and I got crumbs everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom