Laptop too hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millenniumtiger

In Runtime
Hey my laptop (Toshiba Satellite L305-S5883) with a C2D T5750 is starting to feel a little warmer than usual.

Speedfan is giving me temps in the low to mid 60's Celsius under load. Is this too hot?

Turn off the computer. Spray all of the fans with a can of air.

Just because it feels a little hotter shouldn't be of huge concern. Environmental variables as well as processing amounts can effect heat.

Laptops have temp. controls to where your laptop will shut down if they get too hot - while if you KNOW a fan has died or the computer is dirty you should do something. But i don't feel it really is necessary to do much if you just 'think' it may be a little hotter.

Dust isn't an issue. I've only had it for a total of 2 months and don't see any dust near the fans at all.

I'll just keep an eye on it I guess with SpeedFan to make sure the temps don't get too crazy. It went down to high 40's/low 50's while idle.

60's isnt that bad for a temp on a laptop. If you are worried i would suggest a investment into a laptop cooling pad. That will help to keep the temps lower under load.

Those temperatures look normal. At least now you have base temperatures for future reference. Use a laptop cooler when ever possible to help keep the temperatures down.

Your temps are fine. Laptops aren't desktops, they don't have desktop cooling. They do run hotter than desktops. My CPU under load gets up to 65 to 70 sometimes (C2D T9300) and my GPU can hit 85-90 while gaming. This is when I have the laptop ON a cooling pad with a backup fan on it. This is because laptops don't have good cooling, they will run hot. Blow out the fan vents often (if you don't have compressed air or a compressor, even blowing into the vents with your mouth works a bit, I blew into the fan hole in the bottom of mine and a good bit of dust came out the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom