Worklog: Spidey Senses

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, short strand fiberglass body fill. I've used it a few times on the car and sled, every once and a while on the comp but not this much at once. I've got layer #3 on now (above is the first layer) and this thing is getting heavy.

Should look good tho when done...i'm hoping :p

you have a sled?

Nope....HAD a sled, Formula 500 Ski-doo...moved south to Toronto area and there just wasn't enough snow to justify the cost anymore. I bought her when I was 16, loved that thing like it was my first born :p Used to drag race it when I first got it...did pretty good too.

Eventually my brother and his friend took it for a ride one day when I wasn't around and wrapped it around a fence post. The engine was ok, the radial arms needed to be banged back into place and they wasted about 3 of every 5 paddles on the track but the cowling was just shot, all cracked up. Had to re-fiberglass/bondo it and then re-paint it. Had it looking stock again from the outside...not so pretty on the inside tho :p

Freak'n younger brothers and their "friends". Neither one ever paid me a dime. Cost me about 20 hours of time and $100 to fix...depreciated the value by a good $1000 easy.

1998 Ski-doo Formula 500

What she looked like pre-post wrapping (not my machine)

ah well...its the outside thbat matters most when you're talking body work. yeah....i shot my little brother in the *** with a BB gun when we were younger...

Ok...need a break from the fiberglass stuff...going wonky...on coat number 4 now. Anyways, put the fans on for the intake, I'm thinking of a double fan affect. The first ones will be black, same colour of the case and the second ones will be chrome with white lighting. Going for a cool back lit effect.

Here is a rear view of the case...left side of the photo shows the intakes before being cut...right side shows how they are now with the fans behind them.

IMG_3111.jpg

Decided I need a securing plate to keep them from moving so did up a quick plate out of some aluminum sheeting with my dremel...the drill press is in the shop :( getting repaird, lost its power for some reason.

IMG_3114.jpg

Anyways...back to the fiberglass work...bah.

Do double fans improve airflow???

not back to back like that :p

I saw this somewhere....with a backlit fan and it looked cool...going to try it and see how it looks. Worse case scenario, I just use smaller bolts and go with a single.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom