HD 4870 X2 VS GTX 280 SSC Edition VS GTX 260's in SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke2

Banned
The topic pretty much says it all

I'm buidling a rig and I need to know which one of those 3 options would benefit me in gaming the most

HD 4870 X2
Newegg.com - DIAMOND 4870X2PE52G Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB 512-bit (256-Bit x 2) GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
GeForce GTX 280 SUPERCLOCKED EDITION
Newegg.com - EVGA 01G-P3-1284-AR GeForce GTX 280 SSC Edition 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
GeForce GTX 260's x2 RUNNING IN SLI
Newegg.com - PNY VCGGTX260XPB GeForce GTX 260 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Before You guys start recommending other options - plz note that these cards that I listed limit my budget and i will not go any higher.
Thx a lot for Your input

nobody here would ever ask you to spend more than that

and there is a graphic card rankings thread, which will tell you that the 4870x2 is getting the best results atm

oh my bad
well i was just wondering about the fact of running 2 cards in SLI - If maybe it would benefit more with newer games and stuff

oh my bad
well i was just wondering about the fact of running 2 cards in SLI - If maybe it would benefit more with newer games and stuff

Only if you're running really high resolution, like 1920x1200 or more. Otherwise the performance gains are negligible.

ok I made a decision to go with the HD4870x2...
Reason is because I'm kinda a big AMD/ATI fan so I'm keepin it real with them.
Now the real question is a motherboard for that Card ...
Any1 have any suggestions for a good board around $130ish on newegg ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom