Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehgit

In Runtime
How do I restore vaio vgn cr290 with vista using homemade recovery disk?
My mother in law bought this laptop with all programs pre installed. She was having problems so she sent it back to Sony. They said they re imaged the drive and restored to its original condition. The problem is: it came back without outlook in microsoft office. I have attempted to restore it using the recovery disk she made when she first got the laptop, but the computer doesn't recognize it. Is there a way to restore all pre installed programs to original setting without program disks?

Best solution would be to buy the disk from Sony rather then use the emergency recovery cd. It probably wont recognize it when it compares it against the recover partition. Just a gues

That's exactly whats happening! I don't want to re format the hard drive untill I'm sure the recovery will work. The problem is she bought the thing with everything preinstalled so she doesn't have ANY of the program disks. I told her to have Sony send her the software. I don't think they will though. They charged her like 1200 bucks or something just to re image the hard drive. I think whatever they said they did, they didn't actually do! If they did then outlook should be on there, no?

Did she get the laptop new or used? If used it may not have come with office originally and the person she bought it from installed it on their own.

No, she bought it new custom made. She has a registration key for Micro Office, but it does no good if you don't have the software!

Can't you get the trial software of the program , install it and use the office key? Is microsoft office on the hard drive as a full install or no?

I suppose I could try that. The only Office programs on it right now are: excel, one note, power point and word; all '07 of course. And that was AFTER Sony re imaged it!

Thanks for the help everyone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom