Building Gaming Pc for first time - I have compiled some Specs - Need Help. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

alchemist007

Beta member
So far after reading reviews and recommendations...
these are specs of the computer I have come up with.

After reading these please give me an idea of how powerfull the computer will turn out to be and overall if it will be a good computer.

Also recommendations are welcome =)

Specs:

MotherBoard
Asus P5Q Pro LGA 775 P45 Intel Motherboard

CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 2.53 Ghz [O.C around 3.2 Ghz]

RAM
4GB [2 x 2GB] DDR2 SDRAM 1066 [PC2 8500] Dual Channel Wintec AMPX

Video/Graphics Card
EVGA 512MB 9800GTX [G92] GeForce SLI Support + 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express

HDD
SeaGate Barracuda 7200 RPM 250GB 3.0 GB/s 16MB Cache

Computer Case/Tower
ATX 585 Watt Power Supple - Black Case [Blue LED]

Optical Disc Drive
DVD/CD Rom Drive DVD 18X + CD 48X SATA

Btw I can build this PC for approximately 650 Dollars.
My Budget is 700 Dollars for a PC.
Also: I want to use it for gaming mostly [Will run this high end games?]
If not what should I change in the setup to allow for high end games to run?

Re: Building Gaming Pc for first time - I have compiled some Specs - Need Help. Thank

couple of things to change, ditch the wintec, get ocz reaper HPC edition 2x2gb. dotn get a 9800gtx unless its a 9800gtx+, but u r better of gettin a 4850 anyway, better and offers better fps with AA cranked up. don't get a case/power supply combo, unless you exactly know the psu that is in it and it is of good quality like antec earthwatts.

now, assuming your overclock this rig will play nearlly every game on high on res. under or equal to 1680x1050, excluding crysis.

Re: Building Gaming Pc for first time - I have compiled some Specs - Need Help. Thank

Like Baron said, switch out the 9800GTX for an HD 4850. You are getting a P45 motherboard which supports Crossfire, not SLI, so getting any Nvidia card for that motherboard would be foolish. Not to mention the HD 4850 is better than the 9800GTX and costs less.

It will run all games maxed out with the HD 4850 up to about 1680x1050 like Baron said.

I would recommend getting a Corsair 650tx or 550vx depending on your needs. Then for a case, look into the NZXT Guardian 921. It is a very good case for under $100.

Get a corsair psu, either the 550 or 620 and switch that mobo for the Biostar TP45. Its cheaper and offers the same performance. That way you might have extra cash for an e8400 or better ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom