Migrating to a larger case

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyric76

Beta member
I bought a HP Pavilion Elite m9300t with Q9450, 3gb ram, 500gb hd, and GeForce 9300 256. It was a great deal at the time with a coupon code I found on-line. Since then, I added 4 gb ram to it and upgraded the PSU. The problem is that the PSU had more rails than I anticipated and hogged up a lot of space. The HP case is pretty small to begin with, and I think I'm getting some heat issues.

Now I'm thinking of upgrading my video card to something with more kick.

My questions are:

1) Should I transplant my system into a new larger case?

2) What are some good cases that I should consider?

3) Considering that the old case had front panel USB, sound, and a 3.5 drive like panel for SD etc flash memory reader built in, would it be tough to find a case that will accomodate the features. The case also had a HP drive bay for removable drives. Are there any cases out there that will accomodate that?

4) Are there any other options for me to consider with respect to heat management in this system?

I have the same problem

Seems hard to move everything over and then you have to decide what case :/

Id say o for a Apevia X-dreamer II case i use to have one is great one side fan to blow air to the MOBO and cpu a back 120mm to blow out ho air and one 80mm on top to blow out hot air.

i doubt u will find a case with the hp removable drive if they are exclusive to hp. the antec 300 is a great case althought i wouldnt worry, as long as your got a decent back fan youll be fine (120mm decent CFM). a good card would be a 8800gs, overclocks very well for aboout $90, or if want to spend a bit more a 8800gt would be good aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom