Asus p5q pro v. asus p5q (regular)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtumble2

In Runtime
There's two asus mobos im lookin at. Both are p5q series, both p45, both ddr2 1200, both support up to the core 2 extreme and 1600 fsb..

The Pro comes with 2x pci-e slots, which i will NEVER use.

The regular can run more max ram (16gb v 8gb) and looks cooler but only has one pci-e slot.

Are there any huge differences between these boards? And btw, I'm gonna o/c, getting an e8400 and will prb run 3.6g 24/7. so it needs to be reliable, and im gonna get the ocz reaper 1066. Also have a gtx 260. not gona sli anyhow (or xfire, for these boards).

So.. basically if price didnt matter and sli doesnt matter, what does the p5q pro have over the regular?

P5Q (the one i want to get)

Newegg.com - ASUS P5Q LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

P5Q Pro (any specifics why to get this one)

Newegg.com - ASUS P5Q Pro LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Edit::: What do you guys think of the asus p43?

Newegg.com - ASUS P5QL-E LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Thanks a ton

what is your total budget for memory, CPU, and mobo?

and to answer your question the P5Q Pro has better cooling and such....I wouldn't worry about 16gb as I don't think you will need that for another few years at least.

go for the pro, has better chipset cooling. if you want the best overclock stick with the p45 otherwise if you are kinda on a budget a p43 is a good alternative and will still give you a very good overclock.

also i'd shoot for something higher than 3.6ghz.

If my e8400 only did 3.6 I would be more than disappointed. It would ruin my day in fact

Lol, yeah you know how I like to trash my parts (gtx260)..

Yeah i'll probably get the pro because its a combo on newegg $30 off with the e8400.

Thanks

Will do, thanks

How do I check if I have E0 stepping and not C0 or somethin like that when the proc gets here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom