$200aud worth of cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImMaN3

Baseband Member
So, ive grown tired of the crappy temps achieved by the stock AMD heatsink and ive got roughly $200 aus to spare.

I figured the TRUE 120 was my best choice in terms of air cooling and with 2 fans in push-pull arrangement i believe it would be very nice.

At first i wanted to grab two Delta TFB1212GHE fans for 40 each and grab the 120 for $70 or $90 depending on whether i want the black version for purely aesthetic reasons.

I already knew the Deltas would be extremely loud but im starting to have second thoughts about them.

What are some other good high performance fans? Also suggestions on alternative ways to spend the money are welcome. :D

So, ive grown tired of the crappy temps achieved by the stock AMD heatsink and ive got roughly $200 aus to spare.

I figured the TRUE 120 was my best choice in terms of air cooling and with 2 fans in push-pull arrangement i believe it would be very nice.

At first i wanted to grab two Delta TFB1212GHE fans for 40 each and grab the 120 for $70 or $90 depending on whether i want the black version for purely aesthetic reasons.

I already knew the Deltas would be extremely loud but im starting to have second thoughts about them.

What are some other good high performance fans? Also suggestions on alternative ways to spend the money are welcome. :D
What socket? AM2?

*edit*
you could grab a Thermalright IFX-14 (754/939/940 or AM2) and a couple of 14cm fans (60.9cfm each at 19.3dBA)

Sorry, got a Amd Athlon x2 6400+ on an M3N-HT Deluxe. So yes AM2. But its only temporary as im buying a Phenom 9950 next week, so i need a heatsink that can handle that with some overclocking.

Is the IFX-14 better than the 120? I had a look at it earlier but i was deterred by reports of the base being warped and not contacting the cpu well.

Sorry, got a Amd Athlon x2 6400+ on an M3N-HT Deluxe. So yes AM2. But its only temporary as im buying a Phenom 9950 next week, so i need a heatsink that can handle that with some overclocking.

Is the IFX-14 better than the 120? I had a look at it earlier but i was deterred by reports of the base being warped and not contacting the cpu well.
the IFX-14 is basically the same except it has two sets of fins instead of one. So yes, it would be better.

If the base is warped or rough, you could always try lapping it.

Kk, ill look into the IFX-14, thanks for the replies zmatt and Apokalipse.

What do you think about 2 of these?
I think they'll be quite loud. But if you don't care about noise, they'll work very well.
the cooler master 140mm fans I posted have a great airflow/noise ratio, and you basically will barely hear them.

zmatt, do you really think those scythe ultrakaze 130cfm fans would fit.. those things are friggin thick... and sound like a jet!!!! i needa pick me up a few because i broke one of the fins on my finger... it hurt.. lol.. got blood all over my radiator

I have two of those in my case. one on my video card and one for exhaust. They are the loudest fans in my case, but not loud by any other comparison.

Dunno about the ultra kaze nos, but the kaze should be fine. I have plenty of space in my elite 330, which is not a large case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom