loading win on asus eee

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
ive got an asus eee 900 1gb 20gb and im installing windows 2000 i know 2000 coz i dont have a valid key for xp my question is do i have to maually install the wireless card adapter or can windows do it by itself

If after the windows install and windows update the driver is still unknown, you will need the installation disk of the adapter or go to the manf. website and download the driver there.

Most likely have to do it yourself. There was very few WiFi cards out with Windows 2000 and even less drivers included with that install.

Definitely a manual. Hopefully the included xp drivers work, I don't know if they will or not. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a workaround, though. The EEE has ridiculous documentation if you search Google. I'm sure some one's already figured this one out.

Why???!!! And why has no one asked why yet?!

I can honestly say I can't think of one reason to install windows 2000 on an eee.

Why???!!! And why has no one asked why yet?!

I can honestly say I can't think of one reason to install windows 2000 on an eee.

It is not any of our business why. If someone wants to run Windows 2000 it is their right. It is not our place to TELL anyone what they should or shouldnt run. If they choose to run Windows 2000 it is their right.

Plus this just shows that you didnt bother to READ the very first post where Robina explained WHY she wants to install Widnows 2000 and not XP.

It is not any of our business why. If someone wants to run Windows 2000 it is their right. It is not our place to TELL anyone what they should or shouldnt run. If they choose to run Windows 2000 it is their right.

Plus this just shows that you didnt bother to READ the very first post where Robina explained WHY she wants to install Widnows 2000 and not XP.

It's not as though I asked what their sexual orientation was, I was just discussing the topic at hand on a public forum. Anyway, the first post does not explain why other than not having an xp key, it doesn't state why Robina would get rid of linux (or get linux if it isn't currently on).

I did read the first topic, I just thought it was strange to install an operating system with no support and dwindling available programs. I don't really see where I told them not to install windows 2000, rather asking why they would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom