Oblivion, Bioshock on high?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkim113

Baseband Member
with specs like this, and a good graphics card, will i be able to play bioshock, oblivion, assasins creed and most other upcoming games on high, with everything maxed out?

processor: Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core Processor1 E2200 (2.20GHz, 800MHz FSB, 1MB L2 cache)1

Memory 4096MB 667MHz PC5300 Dual-Channel DDR2 SDRAM (2-2048MB modules)

going to spend about $140 on a new graphics card

got for a e5200 instead, and if you overclock then yeah prob. But you need a good power supply, and what graphics card are you getting. O and what monitor are you going to use? Cause a pos could max out on a 15 inch crt lol.

got for a e5200 instead, and if you overclock then yeah prob. But you need a good power supply, and what graphics card are you getting. O and what monitor are you going to use? Cause a pos could max out on a 15 inch crt lol.

ah man! i wont be able to do it? i HAVE to get a E2200, no other choice, limited on funds. My monitor is a standard LCD 17 incher.

wow i had no idea that screen size also mattered on video performance. makes sense though

Its not really the screen size but the resolution. LCD screens of a certain size typically have the same resolution. 17" is going to be a smaller resolution than a 22" thus making it easier to run.

What Video Card? for all we know it could be like a Geforce 6200, some people think an HD 3450 is good...

What Video Card? for all we know it could be like a Geforce 6200, some people think an HD 3450 is good...

well i dont have a video card at the moment. thats not what i am worried about at this point. all i am worried about is the desktop's spec itself.

the video card is what decides how well the game is going to run, everything else is kindof on the backburner.

if you don't mod oblivion to the teeth you should be fine, I ran it at 1280x1024 on an old athelon 64 rig with very little ram and a cheap 128mb radeon 300x.

texture modded right to death and on high resolutions it can still give most systems some trouble.

either way if you're using integrated graphics, i'd probably say no.
but i guess a cheap old video card like the 300x is like 40$ and should do fine on a 17".

the video card is what decides how well the game is going to run, everything else is kindof on the backburner.

if you don't mod oblivion to the teeth you should be fine, I ran it at 1280x1024 on an old athelon 64 rig with very little ram and a cheap 128mb radeon 300x.

texture modded right to death and on high resolutions it can still give most systems some trouble.

either way if you're using integrated graphics, i'd probably say no.
but i guess a cheap old video card like the 300x is like 40$ and should do fine on a 17".

i havent decided on which one yet, but i am going to spend about $140 for the graphic card that i will eventually buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom