dust

Status
Not open for further replies.

wait321

Baseband Member
There's a lot of dust where I live. Is there a case/cooling option that will allow my gaming desktop to be pretty much airtight so the dust won't get inside?

There's a lot of dust where I live. Is there a case/cooling option that will allow my gaming desktop to be pretty much airtight so the dust won't get inside?

You can buy a relatively restricted airflow case (e.g. only 2 fan openings) and then put dust covers on the fans.

The basic problem is that computers generate heat which must be dissipated into another medium. Unless you have water cooling, that medium is air.

I think I heard somewhere that if you have a filtered fan blowing wind into the computer, dust won't be a real problem inside. Does anyone know if that works?

Dust will still get into there. It would have to be air tight, in which case it would overheat because you have to have ventilation, which requires openings.

Just regularly clean your computer - not a big deal. Use compressed air every few weeks and spray the inside. You could also place the tower in a low-traffic area of the house, and off the floor to mitigate the dust accumulation.

I think I heard somewhere that if you have a filtered fan blowing wind into the computer, dust won't be a real problem inside. Does anyone know if that works?

Dust particles vary in size, the larger ones will get caught and the smaller ones will get through. Ironically the filter gets more effective as dust collects in it, more dust stuck in the filter means the openings get smaller and smaller. but eventually, if left long enough, they will clog entirely.

The other day i got my friends air compressor and gave my pc a blast. Good was it exhilarating, dust flying everywhere as i blew them out of their home in my pc.

:D

If your computer gets dusty just give it a run over with a vacuum and and air compressor once a year~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom